The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, try this one. Shouldn't be too difficult with a bit of thought and it's even full size, not cropped!
No cheating now!

Attachments

• Cosford 012.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 53
wow you beat me to it,i didn't notice your post above as i was on the previous page,i was looking at one of my kits and noticed the part in the photo

Check out my post from Feb 28... with two photos of a plane in which I caught a joy ride some 40+ years ago (1971)

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/polls/oldest-plane-you-have-flown-31966-2.html#post873887

Considering that, it would be most embarrassing if I hadn't gotten it. Talk about dumb luck. I took one look at the photo posted here and alarm bells began ringing in my head big time. I knew I had seen that within hours of the photo being posted.

AF, where was the photo taken? I did an RON into the Royal Netherland's Naval Air Station at Valkenberg, one time on a reserve active duty period. Great liberty! Took a train into Amsterdam and saw the sights on a canal tour. Should have been better but arrived late and departed early.

I'll get something posted here from my very limited collection...

Last edited:
Wing fold on a F4-U Corsair?
The Neptune pic was taken at the RAF Museum, Cosford, on Wednesday, and the aircraft is on long-term loan from the Kon Marine. It's faded a bit since I last saw it there, around 1988 I think.

I've a 1/72nd frog kit of the Neptune but never seen a real one,judging by the model she must be a big bird,Nice pic Terry and good shout on guessing.

my guess on this one Hellcat

Wing fold on a F4-U Corsair?
The Neptune pic was taken at the RAF Museum, Cosford, on Wednesday, and the aircraft is on long-term loan from the Kon Marine. It's faded a bit since I last saw it there, around 1988 I think.

Still looks in great shape! That aircraft has always seemed to me to recall a bygone era. Big piston engines, greenhouse nose, positions for turrets and other gun positions and of course its WW2 design and first flight definitely bespeaks its period heritage. Here is a photo that reminds me of my wonderful 2.4 hours in this flying time machine cruising above the Straights of Juan de Fuca, watching whales from an altitude of about 300 feet.

Attachments

• p2vnose.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread