The What is it? Game (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been going down the glider route too, and the A-20, and P-38. But, the actuator fairings on the wing underside don't fit. Allowing for camera angle, lens distortion etc, the only one I can think of (which is likely to wear AEAF stripes), and with a similar wing plan form, and those actuator fairings, is the P-51 Mustang.

Another glider used in Normandy by the britts where the GAL.48 Hotspur, but there's no survivor left so Norab couldent have taken a picture of it, except for a replika thats been build and it has wrong color I have heard.

not a 51, and as previously stated, not a Hotspur and I don't know of any of the Douglases that survived, The glider path is a profitable one and since it's in a reputable museum, I'm reasonably sure the paint job is accurate, enjoy

Hotspurs were not used operationally, there are only replica Horsas left, apart from some fuselage sections, if it's not a Waco or one of the other gliders used at Normandy, maybe a glider tug - possibly a C46 Commando?

B*gg*r ! I've been staring at the pic, trying to figure out what seemed out of place - and it turns out to be those bl**dy stripes!
OK, possibly an F-86 Sabre then?

not a 51, and as previously stated, not a Hotspur and I don't know of any of the Douglases that survived, The glider path is a profitable one and since it's in a reputable museum, I'm reasonably sure the paint job is accurate, enjoy
I caught that little clue, but not many glider types were used other than the ones we've covered, so it must be a rare survivng prototype. I did read somewhere that there were other ID stripes used for different operations during the war...that could be the reason for the "reverse" invasion stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread