The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And Clayton has it folks. It is a RV-7A.

Attachments

• IMG_5713 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_5713 resized 25 legal.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 74
Never heard of it, but then I'm way out of touch with light aviation. I've just heard that de Havilland have launched a new aircraft, Tiger Moth or something .....

Hmmmm. initial thought was a Swordfish but the prop is wrong. then I thought it was a Polikarpov fighter but aint convinced. I'll have another think :)

Yes I know - it was just the angle of the photo, with the edge of the bob weight visible, made it look smaller than a Blenheim, which is why I had doubts.
Anyway, try this one. Apologies for the grain/pixelation, but I think it shouldn't take too long to solve.

Attachments

• WIG 35.jpg
    WIG 35.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 65
Matches the clues very well Jim.
It's grey in parts (most of it in fact!), it's a monoplane, and it's got two engines, and it is a Mosquito!
It's the Mosquito NFII of Tony Agar, who started the restoration in the early 1970s, with some small sections and a cockpit, and it now has both engines running, and is based at the Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington.

Attachments

• Elvington 055.jpg
    Elvington 055.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Elvington 2 059.jpg
    Elvington 2 059.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back