The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Jim!

Another...

Rear.jpg

Sorry Terry, its not a Russian Canso. I too thought flying boat / amphibian...but then I knew I'd seen that tail before. It took some thinking but It's 4147...the Bell XV3 Tilt-rotor

Nice one Graeme

This was a new one for me.

its seen better days than in this photo....and no....its not a Japanese one man submersible !! :)

What 8.jpg

Aww man that sucks....sooo close....its another modified Spitfire !

Yup, Jim has it spot on.

Apparently this thing was rocket powered but had a range of over a thousand Kms...must have had some pretty big tanks to go that far !

What 1.jpg

dfs-228-prototype-6.jpg

That is a Lisunov Li2 ...Russian version of a Dak...modified to look like a Wellington bomber.

Look closely and you'll see the cut-outs in the fuselage for the props to go thru' .

Can't remember why she was built but looks pretty damn good !.

Actually, ignore my last line, the film was called Ghost sky Riders and was a Czech film.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the cut out in the fuselage, I knew what it was.

I read all about how they modified the Li2 to look like a Whimpy in an old Air International book a few years back. They did it by building the new body around the old one, lowering the undercart to get the right 'Sit. The fuselage cut outs where needed as the new body was too wide and it was either do that or crop the prop tips !. In fact, if you look at the photo, you can see the original Li2 / Dak windshield still in place behind the fake one !.

That was a good one mate and harks back to the pre CGI crap we have to suffer now !

Have a go at this one....and I am expecting the answer in the next 10 minutes !! :)

what.jpg

You mean this heavily modded Spitfire ?....yup, you got it :)

We really need to find some hard Spitfire pic's to post !!

IMG_6699.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back