The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BELL XFL-1 AIRABONITA?

Taking Terry's idea for an aircraft recce comp (and after discussion) I'd like to start this as a game.

The idea is simple...show a small part of a plane and everyone tries to guess what its from. Once the 'plane is correclty identified, the full picture is posted and then the winner posts a cropped image from their pictures...and so on and so on. This is not the same as the Aircraft Identification thread where the complete 'plane is shown for ID'ing

Only stipulation is that you must use your own pictures....not ones from the Internet or copied / scanned in from books etc.

You can ask for clues but dont expect easy ones to be given.

I'll start the ball rolling with this offering.

BELL XFL-1 AIRABONITA?

You do realize you have quoted and are responding to a post made 9 years ago, and answered then also? The answer to the post you are responding to is the Polikarpov I-16, an airplane that has been used at least 3 times in this thread that I know of ;)

buffnut453 probably has the ball currently, having guessed the correct aircraft in the last image posted (the Caproni Vizzola F.4 posted by GrauGeist), but he has not yet posted a new image. llemon posted an image that was never identified, but then never came back to include more data / hints / the answer after it was obvious everything stalled, so the game moved on.

T!

Must be time for a new one...

Cockpit.jpg

No, the Swiss job with the not quite as long nose and single fin (as used in the movie 'The Eagle has Landed'), which might be a P-2 - I get confused with numbers !!!

EDIT:- Yep, I should have typed P-2. I've edited my original response.

No, the Swiss job with the not quite as long nose and single fin (as used in the movie 'The Eagle has Landed'), which might be a P-2 - I get confused with numbers !!!

Hi Terry.
I'm pretty sure it was the French SIPA version of the German Arado that appeared in The Eagle has Landed...but I'm certain it did appear in one of the Raider;s movies with Sean Connery where it's "shot" down by startled seagulls.

The Eagle Has Landed - The Internet Movie Plane Database

Anyway, this is not a Pilatus or a Hispano....

I'm still on the campsite near Duxford, so don't have access to my main computer files until I get back on Sunday.
If someone else wants to throw in something, that's OK with me.

Hi Jim.

Not the Lawson airliner.
And it's not a good photo, so I've retouched it....

Scan0087.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back