The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still thinking about this one (It looks very familiar to me, but I can't tie down the bl**dy thing !). It is a sneaky one mate, not sure if its a Mass Balance / Horn, but I'll think on it some more tonight.

So I'll start the ball rolling with a Pilatus Turbo Porter

Very good Terry!! I didn't think anyone would get it that fast. I had a lot of clues to torture you guys with. :( :)

Attachments

• P2110183.JPG
    P2110183.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 54
One of those which seemed familiar, and the clue about names clinched it - I also remembered The Thunderbirds used F-100s, with red around the nose area, and there was bound to be one in a museum somewhere. Pure luck!
I'll dig out something and post it later.

Lancaster or Stirling?
I can see plenty of small area panels with lots of rivets ahead, ajoining another lesser panelled fuz/necel section mounts at left of pic - as to the bulge/fairing and what is placed upon it, I am not sure...

This has a large round fuselage by the looks of it, not squared off like the '24

Wondering if its a good old 'Fat Albert (C130 ) but the wing shoulder looks too low

Last edited:
Not a B24 or Lancaster, and definitely not a Stirling as there aren't any left (apart from one known on the sea bed off Denmark). Not 'Fat Albert' either, although it has got four engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back