To all you guys 'n' gals in the USA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Lol! Thanks. Where I live got hit with roughly 18 inches of snow and right now the wind gusts in Boston are hitting 30+ mph. The wind chill is ridiculous, some places getting as low as -40*F.

Thanks for thinking of us Gary. We may be coming out of it. 4 degrees Fahrenheit right now in Chicago :lol:
Best thing I ever did was buy some army surplus Mickey boots. I was out in it for a couple of hours and the feet were still warm.

We have about a foot of snow outside. Yesterday the high Temp was -12 F (Windchill -40 F). Fricken cold! Today it warmed up to 8 F (Wind Chill -8 F). Still fricken cold!

I would give you the finger but I'm afraid it would freeze and break off!!

5 deg was the high with a windchill of -4 here in Jersey.

Oh, yesterday morning it was 60 degrees. What a difference a day makes!

Thanks gents!

Talk about bitter cold. I had to break out my Outback Duster this morning! When I opened the door to let my lab out she just looked up at me and said "Ohhhh helllll no!"

The first storm(12/6) gave us 1/4in (6.4mm) of ice the 8in (20.3cm) of snow topped with another 1/4 of ice. Nothing moved here for 5 days. The second storm 3 days ago only brushed us with anothe 1/4in of ice and an inch (2.5cm) of snow which was quickly compacted by traffic and turned into ice when the artic blast hit that night. Night time temp here was -19F actual air temp (-28.3C) with wind chill we were in the -40F range. Last night was -7F (-21.6) and daytime temp got to 35F (1.7C) with sun. Schools and most everything else were closed. Tomorrow starting about 5PM or so another ice storm is predicted. And this is the SOUTH for cripes sake. Thought I left this crepe with Glenn back in Ill-Noise

Attachments

• IMG_0770R.jpg
    IMG_0770R.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 276
I was in Michigan last week when we were hit by that first big storm. Both pics are the same view out the window. In the first you can't even see the lake for the snow fall. The second is the frozen lake when it was all over. We came back to Chicago just in time, the last storm shut down the highways around the southern end of Lake Michigan for a couple of days.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 270
Thanks for the wishes everyone. Here in East Central Wisconsin, we did not get the snow, but plenty of cold and wind. Has not been above 0F since Sunday.
Yesterday, Monday, at 11AM, the weather was reporting -18F with 30MPH winds giving a -51F wind chill.
After tonight's -15F, things should start warming up some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back