ToughOmbre big Six O today!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May I ask what state you served in and what was your duty?

Bill G.

Sure Bill,

New Jersey, 50th Armored Division, 104th Armored Cavalry Scout 11D10.

1971-1977

We never got activated. Did security during the 1976 Tall Ship celebration in NY Harbor for our 200th birthday. Had to make sure no one blew up the Statue of Liberty.

TO

Me, Alpha Company, 156 Signal Battalion, Michigan. I was a 31F Node Center, SEN Operator Maintainer. In Iraq, Alpha was attached to Iowa's 234th Signal Battalion. We were the ALPHA Company of the Battalion, Guard, Reserves, and Regular Army. The best signal in Iraq. Not bad from a bunch that Iowa dubbed the "Geriatric Company"!

My mission in Signal was to "Shoot off my mouth and not my weapon!"

I was stationed at Griffiss AFB, Rome, NY when the Tall Ship celebration happed. I wish I could have seen it. From what I saw on TV, it was something!

Bill G.

Many thanks TO. The feeling is mutual. When I reflect on the past 13 years since I turned 60, I realise that today, if one's health is good, 60 years old is still quite young. Very little you can't do at age 60 that you could do at 40 or 50. It is mostly what is in your head. To me, for example, depending on one's overall health, there is no good reason why airline pilots should have to retire at age 60.

Users who are viewing this thread