Trucks! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Messy. The gold one pulls tractors to the local tractor pulls. I've been wanting to get a shot of it for a long time and finally got one.:)

My son, Charles, Jr. drives semi's for a living. Here's a pic of him taken a few years ago with the rig he had at the time.

Charles

Attachments

• chuck2.jpg
    chuck2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 238
Very cool Charles! Driving truck is something I had always wanted to do since the first time I saw one. I got my belly full after two and a half years when I lived out in the mid west. That's a sharp truck.

My whole family has been in the trucking business all my life, with the exception of my Dad who got out of it 15 years back to spend more time at home. I've lived in a truck during a month long trip with my closest uncle back when I was a 8 or 9. Missed the first two weeks of third grade actually. A lot of good memories of spending countless hours in the passenger seat with my dad and uncles. I seen both the positives and negatives of that life. Not always the easiest way to make a living, but I often thought how nice it would be to get out of the parts store and see some of the country.

Been wanting to shoot this one for a while. They are working on widening US highway 58 going east out of Abingdon and this old AutoCar has been down there since they started. This thing is a beast. No nice options, if it is not there for work it ain't there.:lol:

IMG_4706 resized 25 legal.jpg
IMG_4709 resized 25 legal.jpg

Have you guys seen the new show on Speed channel called American Trucker? Many episodes are about older semi trucks, or collectors of older trucks. The host has gone to several vintage truck shows too. Some episodes are hit or miss, but I love the coverage of older trucks!

Just found this great thread Jan and some pretty awesome photos gentlemen. Though I've driven 200+ Ton haul trucks for five years now, I drove my first gravel truck when I was 18, in a logging camp in 1976. Not my photo but this is a Pacific P-10, 24 gears forward, 4 gears reverse...

Capture.JPG

Geo

6 speed main transmission and 4 speed auxiliary transmission, two stick shifts side by side. Double clutch the main, single clutch the auxiliary. I never did learn to split shift properly, using both transmissions at once.

Geo

6 speed main transmission and 4 speed auxiliary transmission, two stick shifts side by side. Double clutch the main, single clutch the auxiliary. I never did learn to split shift properly, using both transmissions at once.

Geo

Ok, now I've got a headache and am confused! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back