Trumpy 1/32 TBF-1C USS Bogue Circa 1944

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jim68

Airman
Aug 13, 2004
G'day good peoples, the latest one completed. A very nice kit from Trumpeter their 1/32 TBF-1C
Quite a complicated kit to build but your patience will be rewarded with a fine looking model. The trickiest bit is you need to plan ahead with regard to your assembly and painting procces. If you think it out and take your time it will all go together very well. There are no major hassles anywhere on this kit with regard to fit, and Trumpeter got the decals right in this one. (no spelling mistakes on my sheet!)
OK enough banter from me here she is in done up in her Atlantic Scheme as a Torpedoe carrying VC-42 bird from the USS Bogue CVE-9 in the spring of 1944.
And yes..............that rear gunners turret is a pain to mask:lol:
Hope you like it
Cheers
Jim
IMG_1647.gif

IMG_1645.gif

Thank you all so much, it is great to receive the feedback gents.:D
She's a whopper fellas :shock: (fortunately I have the room to work on and store these 1/32nd models). The models detail is magnificent, Grumman built them like the proverbial "Brick Sh*t House" and the model is engineered pretty much the same way!
A couple of more shots for those who are interested...........

Not the most flattering of shots of a Lady.............Up the "Big Gals" skirt
IMG_1654.gif

Some of that delicious detail
IMG_1657.gif

One for the road
IMG_1658.gif

Cheers fellas

Jim

Nice work. I have the 1/18 scale Toy from 21st century in the Atlantic scheme. If anybody needs reference photos of the TBM for future builds, I can give them to you; I've been involved in a restoration of a TBM in Pennsylvania.

Nice Turkey! The plane, not your model! Do the wings fold on that kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back