UEFA 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Udet

Banned
Nov 22, 2004
What´s your team for the competition?

Mine should be England but i have doubts as the actual capabilities of the British team, let´s see:

The House of Lords:
+Sir Lampard and Mate Gerrard are in my view the only true superb players the team has available...they might be the ones who give oxygen to the Brit team.

Others:
+Giraffe Crouch is good and a fighter, but he is the kind of clumsy very tall guy -and take away Sirs Lampard and Gerrard then he vanishes like a fart into the wind-.)

+Engineer Defoe...barely average.

+Junkyard Chav Rooney...totally overrated type of player; possibly in process of becoming the "New Beckham"? (sissy, *****, chicken, addicted to the runway, fashion...ah, and having a Czec "super model" as mistress...can these guys be f*cking original?)

+ Super Chicken Chicken Beckham??:lol: :lol: Possibly too old now plus too afraid to get his fancy legs bruised in a tough match...life is better in exclusive shopping malls and attending "Miss Auschwitz" events -also known as the catwalk-.

As for the rest of the players in the national team...well...i do not want to be tough on them, but i will include them in the House of Commons.

What about Germany Adler?

I am looking so foward to the Euro Cup 2008! I truely think (and not because of my love for the team but strickly because of skill at the moment) that Germany will take it all. The team is young, energetic and full of pride and they want the win! They are playing the best football in Europe right now and possibly near the best in the world. They are not quite up there to the point that I would call them the best in the world but they are certainly better than what there World Ranking (they are ranked No. 5 in the world right now) is.

They are fast and very good with there feet. They score a lot and the new strategy of the team (since the world cup) of fast paced offense is showing. They get better and better every game.

The thing I like most about the team is they will be in there Prime by the time the next World Cup comes around because they are so young.

The games are to be held in Austria and Switzerland. I am going to try and get tickets and go and see some Germany games.

Adler say has Ballak improved after the world cup? As you may recall he did not perform that well during the competition...

Has the line-up changed since the world cup?

Ballack not played very well? He played very well. He did not score a lot of goals but he was exceptional as a leader. Rather than keep the ball for himself he set other players and passed the ball to them. He was also playing injured for most of the tournament, but played very well. I watched all of Germany's games, I know.

The lineup has changed a bit, but not much. Podolski, Ballack, Lehmann, Schweinesteiger, Frings, Klose, and Neuville all make up the core of the team.

Ok. Interesting. So after all the essential players of the national are the same ones that saw action during the world cup.

We shall not forget the world champion of course...

Adler remember Westfalen Stadion...Grosso and del Piero did not play dirty, Cannavaro erased Ballack...Buffon was defeted just 2 times, the first time by Zaccardo (selfgoal against USA) and the second time the penalty scored by Zidane. Costa Rica scored 2 goals against Germany...come on man we won with our own legs.

Udet's right we don't stand a chance the state of the English football team at the moment is appauling........

Adler remember Westfalen Stadion...Grosso and del Piero did not play dirty, Cannavaro erased Ballack...Buffon was defeted just 2 times, the first time by Zaccardo (selfgoal against USA) and the second time the penalty scored by Zidane. Costa Rica scored 2 goals against Germany...come on man we won with our own legs.

:lol:

Alright you keep thinking that my friend....

Here you go the link below shows you the Italian Training Camp! This is what the whole world thinks of the Italian team my friend...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8_WjMhjsc

Adler, great video!!!

I agree with Doctor Adler, the italians have certainly earned a reputation for being real dirty kind of players.

Not that they are bad players, but it is very true they are very dirty.

Lanc and Gnomey...i hope not but from where i stand it´d seem the British team does not have a chance...as i said, the only great hopes for the team rest on the shoulders of Lampard and Gerrard. Anything might happen though, the two lords are so good they can turn the tide in just one play if they provide Giraffe Crouch with an accurate high ball Mr. Skyscraper can hit using his head...but never forgetting Mate Lampard is a scorer himself...

This is the score of Italy since I remember I watched football.
By he way, Italy was champion 2 more times, in 1934 and 1938, a grand total of 4 times champions of the world; only Brazil fared better.

1970 - 2nd place (the famous semifinal Italy-Germany 4-3, one of the best matches in history)
1974 - Horrible
1978 - 4th place and best football in the tournament
1982 - Champions
1986 - bad
1990 - 3rd place (lost at penalty kick with Argentina in semifinal)
1994 - 2nd place (lost final match with Brazil at penalty kicks)
1998 - 6? (lost at quarter finals at penalty kicks with France, who won the title)
2002 - horrible
2006 - Champions

Only Brazil did better than this, only Germany and Argentina can be comparable.

I am tired to always hear the same crap that 'when Italy wins is because of luck', and 'Italy plays bad football'; you don't line up this results with luck and bad games.

And after losing a semifinal and a final at the penalty kick lottery (1990 and 1994), after hitting 3 crossbar in 2006 (2 with Germany, 1 with France) I don't want to hear people talking about Italy luck. If we won the lottery this year, it is only fair.

At this point, the more people get pissed when we win, the more I am happy.

You're right Parmigiano, especially when you say that if we won the lottery it's fair. South Korea - Italy in 2002 was not fair!

This is the score of Italy since I remember I watched football.
By he way, Italy was champion 2 more times, in 1934 and 1938, a grand total of 4 times champions of the world; only Brazil fared better.

1970 - 2nd place (the famous semifinal Italy-Germany 4-3, one of the best matches in history)
1974 - Horrible
1978 - 4th place and best football in the tournament
1982 - Champions
1986 - bad
1990 - 3rd place (lost at penalty kick with Argentina in semifinal)
1994 - 2nd place (lost final match with Brazil at penalty kicks)
1998 - 6? (lost at quarter finals at penalty kicks with France, who won the title)
2002 - horrible
2006 - Champions

Only Brazil did better than this, only Germany and Argentina can be comparable.

I am tired to always hear the same crap that 'when Italy wins is because of luck', and 'Italy plays bad football'; you don't line up this results with luck and bad games.

And after losing a semifinal and a final at the penalty kick lottery (1990 and 1994), after hitting 3 crossbar in 2006 (2 with Germany, 1 with France) I don't want to hear people talking about Italy luck. If we won the lottery this year, it is only fair.

At this point, the more people get pissed when we win, the more I am happy.

Italy is a great team, dont take me wrong. They have much skill and play well and very hard, but Italy is known to dive a lot and fake injuries. Sure everyone in football fakes injuries, but the Italians are famous for it and do it way more than everyone else.

Also i was told italian players find themselves longing for their home when hired by teams outside Italia...italian league is one of the best leagues in the world, but apparently cases of italian football stars playing outside Italia are not common. The record of the italian team can certainly indicate they do not need to play abroad to come up with a winning team though.

Is it true the few italian football stars currently playing outside Italia is because of a case of massive italian style corruption involving team owners, referees and players?

Also i was told italian players find themselves longing for their home when hired by teams outside Italia...italian league is one of the best leagues in the world, but apparently cases of italian football stars playing outside Italia are not common. The record of the italian team can certainly indicate they do not need to play abroad to come up with a winning team though.

Is it true the few italian football stars currently playing outside Italia is because of a case of massive italian style corruption involving team owners, referees and players?

It is that way all over the world though. Players from Italy, Germany, France, England, Spain, Brazil, USA....

They all go international so that they can compete on different levels and raise there stakes.

I think you confuse Italian with Bazilians here... The stereotype of 'homesick star' is the Brazilian champion who in the cold european winter has 'saudade' for the sunny Brazil and does not return from Xmas vacation :)

About going abroad, players goes where money is. Italian league pays quite well, so there are many more foreign players coming here than Italians going abroad.
In recent years top English and Spanish clubs started to shop for Italian players.

This is partially true: it is a very specific case, not a 'massive' thing.
One of the major teams (Juventus) got penalized for something attempted in the past years by a couple of managers (there was some detailed explanation in the World Champ thread) and sentenced to play in B league for 2007.
Of course, other teams ran to shop for the best players at bargain price: some went to other Italian teams (like Ibrahimovic), a couple to other European teams (like Cannavaro).

Germany beat Czech 2-1 in a very very strong showing by the German side. The game was a good game overall though.

England was only able to tie Israel though. I think that England is going to have problems this year and next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back