Ugh... One more reason to NOT let your girlfriend take *the* pill...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ummm, ok.

I got a better reason for not having my wife take oral contraceptives, it caused a mass to form on her liver that scared the crap out of both of us. Fortunately, it is benign, but it now has to be monitored every year.

FWIW, my wife was on the pill from about 1961 to about 1965. Never had
a problem. Of course, the meds were probably "purer" back then.

Charles

Glad to hear it was benign, though! My wife has severe endometriosis. The only possibility of a cure for that is pregnancy, although hers is bad enough the doctor isn't positive it'll go away. The other alternative is "the pill". Interesting article on that....I'll have to keep my eyes open for that. *g*

My wife has been on the Pill for 7 years now. Never had a problem with it. She is very carefull with it though and recieves regular check ups with her doctor.

I am glad there have been no problems. We do not wish to have children yet (not until she is done with school) and it sure as hell beats the rubber! :lol:

My wife has severe endometriosis. The only possibility of a cure for that is pregnancy, although hers is bad enough the doctor isn't positive it'll go away. The other alternative is "the pill". Interesting article on that....I'll have to keep my eyes open for that. *g*

Sorry to hear that..My wife has it bad too, she goes under the knief about every two years. They had her on the pill for it about up to a year ago and it's bad enough that kids are out of the question for us. They have her on diffrent treatments now she's getting into her later 30s but she was on the pill for about 20 years and I'm glad she's off of it.
Art

My wife went through surgery twice last year for it, had one of her ovaries pretty much entirely reconstructed to get the crud out. What scares us is that her Mom had a minor case of it...it started getting bad, they went in to the doctor, and discovered ovarian cancer. We lost her 11 months later.

My wife has been on the Pill for 7 years now. Never had a problem with it. She is very carefull with it though and recieves regular check ups with her doctor.

I am glad there have been no problems. We do not wish to have children yet (not until she is done with school) and it sure as hell beats the rubber! :lol:

THere's always Irish birth control :lol:

How much longer until she's done with school Adler?

Ohhhhh... Okay, I get it now. Thanks for clarrifying.
Coitus Interuptus-(sic) As Most Irish are of the Roman Catholic faith, and Latin the mainstay language of Catholicism, ergo-- removal of tool before the fireworks begin, so to speak. The late writer, Ernest Hemingway's second of four wives, Pauline Pfeiffer, was a devout Catholic, and apparently the C.I. method was part of their married experience, which, apparently, frustrated Hemingway-- from the book by Bernice Kert "The Hemingway Women".

One more year, and then we plan to have our first child.

Wow forgot about this thread...

And 10 years later my wife and I have an amazing one year old son.

Ummm, ok.

I got a better reason for not having my wife take oral contraceptives, it caused a mass to form on her liver that scared the crap out of both of us. Fortunately, it is benign, but it now has to be monitored every year.

Blood clots are also a very real problem with oral contraceptives. There are safer alternatives, but the person to talk to about that is an Ob/Gyn, not some random guy on the Web.

Hormone pills for male (and female) athletes is said to be dangerous to bodies natural processes and are illegal to sell, But legal hormone pills to disrupt the female body are considered "safe" because companies can sell them for $$$ and they tell us its safe?

Would men take a hormonal pill to prevent pregnancy! NO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back