US Mens Soccer Shocker

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seattle Sounders beat Colorado yesterday 3-0. Broke an attendance record at Qwest Field with 32,526 in attendance, if I recall the number correctly. They purposely have limited the seating to only the first level and it has sold out every game to date.

But yet when the Sounders played away at New York, it looked like only a couple of thousand showed up. Crowds are young though, so perhaps things are changing for the US MLS.

Toronto FC of the MLS is only a few seasons old but it is nigh impossible to get tickets and the crowds are probably the rowdiest well,

Toronto FC of the MLS is only a few seasons old but it is nigh impossible to get tickets and the crowds are probably the rowdiest well,
Except for the Houston fans. We love our orange smoke bombs and road flares. Dynamo are known to have the best fans.

Yeah, was listening to local radio yesterday and they were trying to pump it up. Might've even been Saturday. Anyway, nobody, and I mean nobody, called in to talk about it. They were up against Brazil after having played their way back from the edge of oblivion and nada in terms of excitement
Tim
do you think it might be getting quietly suppressed?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting a conspiracy theory here, but I do (albeit vaguely) remember an upstart USFL trying to muscle in on NFL territory and eventually being ground to a halt. I seem to recall NFL promoters not wanting to let any of the money out of NFL.
Just a thought

First, GO team USA!!!

I have my own way of weigting teams. Take the members of a team, add up their last transfer values. Then compare.

By this definition the US was a HUGE underdog...and they CAME WITHIN A GOAL of not only winning but winning against the GOLD STANDARD of football...B.R.A.Z.I.L!!!

A note on soccer - have you guys heard of the 'Confederation Cup Winner's Curse?' It is an ancient jinx of the Cup - ever since that cup was founded, no winner has ever gone on to win the next World Cup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back