VERY IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis said:
Well, it depends on the question if it is imported from the CZE or from the US (I think in your case it's gonna be the second one). The US one is crap, since the American company only stole the name Budweiser - I think it's called shortly - Bud. Yeah, that's crap. But the Czecho one is fine.

BTW, how much "halfliters" do you have to drink to be "in the mood"?

I'm gonna easily say we get the American one because it's closer and cheaper than Czech importing and I passed a brewery on the way to Six Flags Magic Mountain.

*EDIT* ~ I also saw a McLaren F1 on the streets on the way there. 8) 8) 8)

GermansRGeniuses said:
Pisis said:
Well, it depends on the question if it is imported from the CZE or from the US (I think in your case it's gonna be the second one). The US one is crap, since the American company only stole the name Budweiser - I think it's called shortly - Bud. Yeah, that's crap. But the Czecho one is fine.

BTW, how much "halfliters" do you have to drink to be "in the mood"?

I'm gonna easily say we get the American one because it's closer and cheaper than Czech importing and I passed a brewery on the way to Six Flags Magic Mountain

*EDIT* ~ I also saw a McLaren F1 on the streets on the way there. 8) 8) 8)

In California?

You wish. A Mclaren F1 would still leave you in it's dust. :rolleyes:

GermansRGeniuses said:
I'm gonna easily say we get the American one because it's closer and cheaper than Czech importing and I passed a brewery on the way to Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Do you mean that US is closer to Italy then Czecho? Budweis is on the border with Austria. :p

cheddar cheese said:
No, its rubbish ;) Id rather have an SLR

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You amuse me, that car is so pointless, a simple attempt at willy-waving by Mercedes, same with the Maybach which won't sell.

The McLaren is a TRUE performance machine, and ageless as well. No nose, either. ;)

The Veyron sucks too, it's the most excessive car produced now, who the fark needs four turbos, especially in a 8.0l W-16 engine?

The W12 Nardo is a MUCH better VW supercar. 8)

GermansRGeniuses said:
No, no, I mean I saw a Budweiser/Budweiser Light brewery on the way to Valencia, California. I THINK it was Interstate 5, can't be sure.

You were on the 405. Right behind the Budwiser plant is Van Nuys airport, loads of warbirds there!

I lived close to there several years ago, flew into Van Nuys airport a lot, stayed the hell away from the Budwiser plant!

FBJ, do they have any of the warbirds on display out there anymore? I lived in Burbak for a number of years myself and don't recall any being out on display. Our CAF wing used to be based there before we moved to Camarillo.

I know alot of guys that own warbirds that have them parked there, but don't know if there is anyplace to see any. Some of the planes that I know that are out there are a B-25 (Heavenly Body), P-51 mustang (at least one, maybe more), and Clay Lacy's DC-3. Condor flight, consisting of 9 AT-6s is based there as well.

GermansRGeniuses said:
cheddar cheese said:
No, its rubbish ;) Id rather have an SLR

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You amuse me, that car is so pointless, a simple attempt at willy-waving by Mercedes, same with the Maybach which won't sell.

The McLaren is a TRUE performance machine, and ageless as well. No nose, either. ;)

The Veyron sucks too, it's the most excessive car produced now, who the fark needs four turbos, especially in a 8.0l W-16 engine?

The W12 Nardo is a MUCH better VW supercar. 8)

Pretty much all journalists and people who have driven the F1 report that is is far from the ultimate sports car that Gordon Murray was a ttempting to create. All about it thats really good is the acceleration and speed, everything else has been over-worked to produce a twitchy and far from perfect driving experience...

The SLR is on a completely different level. It handles better, stops better, looks better, is more practical and far cheaper, and to boot the performance is much more accessible. And the noise of it alone makes me need the bathroom. Its a far superior car to the old F1.

The Veyron is just bonkers and totally pointless, yes, but with 4 turbos and an engine of that size the acceleration is going to be something else. Its so fast that they havent been able to find a track thats big enough for it to reach its top speed yet. :lol:

As for the W12, it never got past the concept stage.

"As for the W12, it never got past the concept stage."

I know that, but neither has the Veyron, even after years of delays and complications. :lol:

evangilder said:
FBJ, do they have any of the warbirds on display out there anymore? I lived in Burbak for a number of years myself and don't recall any being out on display. Our CAF wing used to be based there before we moved to Camarillo.

I know alot of guys that own warbirds that have them parked there, but don't know if there is anyplace to see any. Some of the planes that I know that are out there are a B-25 (Heavenly Body), P-51 mustang (at least one, maybe more), and Clay Lacy's DC-3. Condor flight, consisting of 9 AT-6s is based there as well.

You also have a bunch of L-39s, a Hawker Hunter, some T-33s and some F-5s fly out of there. The best place to see them is at the Airtel Hotel, the Jet Center, Peterson Aviation, and the Raytheon Pilot Center. The best bet is to politely approach the folks at the previously 3 mentioned and ask them if you could take pictures should you see any of them out on the line. I was at an advantage because I would fly in and have access to the ramp area.

To my friends overseas who ever visit California - I would recommend the Airtel Hotel should you want to visit Van Nuys airport. You're also close to 6 Flags, Hollywood, and some other attractions in the San Fernando Valley, but be careful, the surrounding neighborhoods aren't the greatest!

Santa Monica is another place in Southern California with a neat airport, air museum, tourist attractions and the occasional warbird.

Evan - any other suggestions?

I know the Museum of Flying closed a while back. David Price has talked about re-opening it, but I don't know if he has yet. Santa Monica airport has gotten really bad with their noise regulations and such. It is now referred to among pilots as the "People's republic of Santa Monica"! But other attractions are Universal Studios, Disneyland, Hollywood and it's environs and quite a few aviation museums and attractions nearby.

CC, you are forgiven for liking the SLR.

It looks the mutt's in person. 8)

My first choice for a Gran Turismo, but I prefer the Macca all-round, as well as the F40, which I saw a bad replica of today as well. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back