Vets day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is a good movie and very patriotic. It is absolutly not realistic and not what happened on there last mission. I have talked to members of the Memphis Belle (I believe the last one just passed away) and they said that it went nothing like that. No casualties on there aircraft and not so dramatic with not so much damage.

Oh absolutely Hollywood had their fun with it. Still, you tell yourself that crap like that probably did go down and they kept fighting. Even if it is highly fictional it is still a good movie. The Belle's last run wasn't nearly that dramatic but what kind of money would that movie make? :)

I enjoyed the film 8) I think with some films, even if they are totally inaccurate they can be enjoyable on just an entertainment level. There is a line there though, which was crossed in a bg way by Pearl Harbor.

cheddar cheese said:
I enjoyed the film 8) I think with some films, even if they are totally inaccurate they can be enjoyable on just an entertainment level. There is a line there though, which was crossed in a bg way by Pearl Harbor.
Very true CC, Pearl Harbour took the entertainment factor a little to far.

I cant see the point in remaking films about events that are already classics. I have not seen Pearl Harbour and do not intend to waste my time watching it as I have not heard a good word said about it. I have Tora Tora Tora on DVD and thats a good enough film about the events and actions leading up to and the attack on Pearl for me.
The full uncut version of Das Boot is also a classic the Dubbed short version totally spoils the atmos.
Back on thread can we get some pics from you guys in the states of vets day please.

I have not seen Pearl Harbour and do not intend to waste my time watching it as I have not heard a good word said about it. I have Tora Tora Tora on DVD and thats a good enough film about the events and actions leading up to and the attack on Pearl for me.

Don't waste your time on it, you're not missing much. Stick with Tora Tora Tora, thats good right there.

"I have not seen Pearl Harbour and do not intend to waste my time watching it as I have not heard a good word said about it. I have Tora Tora Tora on DVD and thats a good enough film about the events and actions leading up to and the attack on Pearl for me."

Its not a bad movie just as long as you fast forward through all the chick flick b.s.,

Cuba Gooding JR should have gotten a better part.

The only thing that impressed me was the scene when Ben ASSLACK was attacking the HE-111. As he was shooting at the Heinkel pieces of the aircraft were flying off, I thought the graphics were good. Other than that the movie was a cartoon with real people, if you want to consider Ben ASSLACK as real person.

Goering thought that Udet and his friends could have done with a holiday in Hawaii, so they flew their Bf-109s with a supporting He-111 (Y'know, to carry the beer.) to Hawaii. Then Japan attacked and the USAAF thought it was a good time to kill the Germans too because they're nice like that.

plan_D said:
Goering thought that Udet and his friends could have done with a holiday in Hawaii, so they flew their Bf-109s with a supporting He-111 (Y'know, to carry the beer.) to Hawaii. Then Japan attacked and the USAAF thought it was a good time to kill the Germans too because they're nice like that.

:lol: - Actully Ben ASSLACK is sent to fight in the BoB, and winds up back at Pearl Harbor on Dec, 6th, after being thought of dead - It seems he also had a time machine. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd be a f*ckin' millionaire...and I'd pay you all $1000 so I could piss in your toilet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back