Vets day (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread should be about remembering the people that fought and died for our freedom, any chance we can stick to that topic, normally i wouldn't be like this but i think this is an important topic, can this be taken somewhere else, it's our rememberance sunday today, let us never forget...........

You are correct. Lanc lets try and get this one back on topic. Stuff like this can be discussed in the Sit Rep threads.

I split those out and sent them to another thread.

While waiting for my brother to pick me up after a night out on the town - two Royal Navy veterans from World War II walked past as they had finished the parade. I stood up and saluted, then thanked them both...they returned the salute, smiled and walked on ...it was weird ...the problem was, most people around were confused why I did it... :rolleyes:

While waiting for my brother to pick me up after a night out on the town - two Royal Navy veterans from World War II walked past as they had finished the parade. I stood up and saluted, then thanked them both...they returned the salute, smiled and walked on ...it was weird ...the problem was, most people around were confused why I did it...
Well, PD they are assholes who dont appreciate what people died for. Same thing happened at my school last year. We had a Vets Day celebration and a B-17 Pilot was walking toward me. I stopped told him thankyou for serving our country, and he saluted me. People around me started smirking for me doing that so i turned around and told them that at least i appreciate freedom and know why we have it.

People are just like that. They are to busy complaining about why we have to Pledge to the Flag. Well i usually tell them, "Would you rather pledge to another flag by force or this one that waves for freedom!"

They are to busy complaining about why we have to Pledge to the Flag. Well i usually tell them, "Would you rather pledge to another flag by force or this one that waves for freedom!"
First of all, its too... Secondly, while ur patriotism is commendable, u better not alienate urself too much from the general school population -38, cause come High School time, those kids are really gonna come down on u... I suggest u start taking Boxing and/or Tae Kwon Do for ur extra-curricular activities... I sounds like ur gonna need the help...

Ur classmates are a bunch of ass-wipes... Arguing with them only shows u to be more knowlegeable than they are, and they in turn will shun u and stomp on u...

I went with ATC to participate in their Remembrance Parade...I felt extremely emotional and honored when the veterans arrived in the square, and then when marching past them...A tear or two were shed...

we had to get an engine out this morning so i couldn't go into town for the rememberance parade but i did watch the one on TV, moving as ever, unfortunately i can't say i've ever met a vet in person, wouldn't mind talking to one, as it turns out we couldn't get the sodding engine out either :lol:

I just watched memphis belle- what a sacrifice those guys made. i get to feeling very patriotic at times like this.

Aggie08 said:
I just watched memphis belle- what a sacrifice those guys made. i get to feeling very patriotic at times like this.

While it is a good movie and very patriotic. It is absolutly not realistic and not what happened on there last mission. I have talked to members of the Memphis Belle (I believe the last one just passed away) and they said that it went nothing like that. No casualties on there aircraft and not so dramatic with not so much damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back