Viking's Pictures (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most EXCELLENT David! The shadow shot of the Ryan ROCKS!!!:headbang: Keep at it sir and you'll get it figured out. When in doubt, shoot under-exposed. You can do more with it later in PhotoShop or one of the other editing programs.:thumbright:

Good stuff David. And I agree with Aaron, whether film or digital, under exposure is always better than even relatively slight over exposure. When over exposed, highlights are normally lost forever, and shadow areas merge with mid-tones, with saturation often beyond control - the image is burnt out.
With under exposure however, although still undesirable, the greater majority of an image can be rescued, by exposure and grade of paper when printing film, or by Gamma Correction, Contrast, Brightness and Saturation controls in photo-editing programmes.
It's still not a perfect solution, but at least an acceptable finished product can be achieved. I know - I've had to sue this recently, as I become accustomed to the various settings on my Nikon!

I found out early this morning that the Wings of Freedom were going to be in Greenville SC today. I awoken the kids (1 happy the other not so) grabbed the camera and we hit the road. They brought along their B-17, B-24 and P-51. I wish I could have stayed a lot longer!

Attachments

• IMGP1959 2.jpg
    IMGP1959 2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMGP1992 2.jpg
    IMGP1992 2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMGP1994 2.jpg
    IMGP1994 2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 99
Thanks guys.

Cool David! I was sitting on the floor just to the left in your second picture for the take-off when I went for the ride a couple of months ago.

I was actually thinking of you gents while I was walking through it about how cool it would be to have flown in it like you guys did. That's when the cursing started :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back