Viking's Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I took a few days off from work and went to the NASM in DC and the Udvar-Hazy Center in Virginia. They are currently restoring a Sikorsky JRS-1 that was at Pearl Harbor during the attack and was sent out afterwards to look for the Japanese Fleet. They are also restoring a Nakajima J9Y Kikka. Both were under plastic so I really could not get a great view.

IMGP3252 small.jpg

To the left of these two were a pair of wings of the Horton IX v3 currently under long term restoration.
IMGP3255 Small.jpg

To the far right of all of these is what I assumed is the fuselage they are trying to stabilized. I have to say it was pretty cool seeing the aircraft, even if most of it was covered up.
IMGP3256 small.jpg

Last edited:
I've returned from a 6 day whirlwind business trip to the 3 Scandinavia countries and in Sweden I stayed in a little town called Trelleborg. While the driver is taking me to the hotel he points out something to me while we are passing them and I managed to take a quick picture of it (forgive the blurriness)

Palm.JPG

Palm trees in Sweden!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back