„Volksjäger“ (people fighter) Heinkel He 162 in 1:32 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The left mounting bracket is from the kit with some modifications. The cord and the grip for the elevator trim were added. This special part of the bracket had to be lowered a bit. The rest of the levers was scratch built.

o9h72s.jpg

The hand pump for the landing flaps;.

24vvar4.jpg

Adjuster for the elevator trim. My favorite scratch build parts.

n6f7yt.jpg

Handgrip and simple cable pull for the landing gear release.

2vkxd1i.jpg

The oxygen regulator was mounted on a bracket on the original. I did this too which had the benefit that I could construct it as an unit paint it and cement it into the fuselage as a whole.

28iuecj.jpg
28iuecj.jpg

The flare muzzle was built from rod which I drilled out. Than I cut slits into it. Following this I shortened the slit end and cemented a strip of thin plastic around it. Just to fill the place I scratched a signal pistol.

1z145kw.jpg

Hi,
I'm lucky to meet Snokri alias Bernd in Berlin every year. He showed me these parts of a Heinkel, in which he succesfully tried to imitate the wood parts of the aircraft. He has no plans to make a compöete model but leave this parts as they are. He really is a wizzard in modelling.

P1130333.jpg

Hi folks,

thank you very much for the nice words.

My other Volksjäger-project shows the photo of Michael.
The natural wood is here a hand-painted in a special technology.

other pictures

1zljd3wmocp.jpg

2zx0uhfkyj4.jpg

3xyvt9nw283.jpg

4px6qiksjvb.jpg

507s6xahwre.jpg

7olct35evaw.jpg

8t1ajoz4peg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back