„Volksjäger“ (people fighter) Heinkel He 162 in 1:32 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bloody amazing! I thought it was real wood veneer and am also be very curious how you achieved the effect.

Intermezzo in wood:

Well I think I debt you some remarks about "How I did it".

It all started when I got hands on this drawings from "Waffenarsenal" showing the wooden parts of the Heinkel.

11111jpd9xegmlr.gif

Just for fun I looked for ways to make this wooden parts by colouring. Simple and cheap I hope.

The colours:
Wood colour from Humbrol as a basic colour, black for preshading and acrylics (Sienna and Ochre) for the grain.

16dotfc50sm.jpg

The tools:

Brushes:

The large flat brush is shortened and frazzled making it coarse.

2rvcghsd5qw.jpg

More "tools":

A sponge cut into strips which normally is used for cleaning dishes.

3dv73wku2gp.jpg

An old kit part used as a guinea pig.

423jv87n5zc.jpg

Let's start by priming the part with wood paint.

5huzgl3ma94.jpg

Than preshade the borders of the panels with black. These first steps aredone with enemals.

6rfhbco7nay.jpg

Next step is fogging the part with the light wood colour.

7oav95sfbr6.jpg

We have to do panel after panel. First mask the panel.

8ngdm5z0bks.jpg

Now it's time for the acrylics. I prefer acrylics over oils because of faster drying. Oils will blend to much.

98v9u0go64i.jpg

Pick up the darker colour with your sponge.

10ua38wqep9g.jpg

Smear the colour onto the panel in the direction of the grain.

11s96dq3nguz.jpg

Fill the whole panel. A first glimpse of grain appears.

12fzsh1dyiwg.jpg

Fantastic. I immitated wood a few times using the technique I learnt in Swanny's site while building 1/72 wwi planes, like this one in my on-going Spad XIII:

111004-10.jpg

In fact I shouldn't be doing such things in 1/72 since it is clearly out of scale, but I can't keep myself :D. Yours seems to be an upgraded technique. I am checking this topic everyday to see more of it. Wonderful.

I am sitting waiting for you to put more advances that have amazed me that the hands have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back