vultee vengeance mk2 1/72nd by frog

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
an early issue of this kit dated from 1970,pics to follow shortly once i've downloaded them from my phone camera

bob803.jpg

bob804.jpg

bob790.jpg

1st I painted the interior of the fuselage detailing the small mouldings on the size

bob797.jpg

bob798.jpg

next the cockpit floor had the same treatment

bob791.jpg

bob792.jpg

the fuselage was then joined together

bob799.jpg

wings added

bob794.jpg

then the tailplane and undercarrage

bob793.jpg

next the engine and cowling were painted and assembled with the rest left overnight to harden

bob808.jpg

bob809.jpg

bob807.jpg

the engine and cowling were then fitted

bob801.jpg

bob795.jpg

then the dash was made from card and fitted ready for detailing although you won't see much of this,once this has dried i will detail this and fit the rear gun and canopy.

this is a really good quality kit with no flash,if you get the chance try one,thanks for looking

I'm sure I have a such kit in my stash. I have ti check...

i'm afried thats how i am Terry,once i get started and into something i just keep going until i've finished it,if i stop anything due to problems i lose interest and then take ages,last year i restored a DB18 Empress Daimler in 6 weeks from a wreak,i had another DB18 consort in the same condition but i had problems with the paintwork finish and lost interest,that car has taken me 5 years so far and there is not much to do

bob809-1.jpg

bob810.jpg

bob813.jpg

bob811.jpg

bob814.jpg

bob815.jpg

bob817.jpg

bob822.jpg

bob818.jpg

pics show the camo and transfers going on,i finished it off with a coat of matt clear varnish i found in a hardware shop and i'm quite pleased with the result,the kit went together very well,nice and clean

i've got another one of these kits ,are there any interesting conversions or markings of units not well know i could try to have a go modeling

You could try to this one. It's a USAAF marked Vultee Vengeance A-35 Target Tug 1944

Attachments

• vengeance the US tug.jpg
    vengeance the US tug.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 373
does anyone know what the target tug towed would have looked like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back