War Movies: AXIS POV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Velius

Airman 1st Class
Sep 4, 2007
Central Texas
Hey everybody,

I'm always up for a good war movie but I think there are far too many that tell the tale from the side of the Allies. Does anyone know of any good war movies that have a storyline from the AXIS point-of-view? Something along the lines of "Letters from Iwo Jima".

Thanks8)

Hey everybody,

I'm always up for a good war movie but I think there are far too many that tell the tale from the side of the Allies. Does anyone know of any good war movies that have a storyline from the AXIS point-of-view? Something along the lines of "Letters from Iwo Jima".

Thanks8)
"Das Boot" and "Cross of Iron" are two good ones that come to mind...

"Das Boot" ... there's a film called "Stalingrad" by the same German director that is quite an amazing film. It starts with German soldiers on R R in the Med after N. Africa ... follows a platoon by train to the Eastern Front, and has two friends dying in the snow on an attempted breakout from the airfield. Not a well-known film - subtitles only - but worth seeing. Very touching ..

MM

The two best in my opinion are:

Das Boot (no explanation needed, just watch the damn movie :))

Der Untergang

It is about the last few days of the war in Hitlers bunker and Berlin. Amazing move. You can buy it in English called "Downfall", but I recommend getting the original in German and watching it with subtitles.

Again an amazing movie!

Could be worse. I woke up with "I'm Like a Bird" stuck in my noggin. And I HATE that song!

Now back to regular thread. I'll second both "Das Boot" and "Stalingrad". Haven't seen any others from the Axis side (other than "Letters from Iwo Jima"), personally. I keep looking for 'Das Untergang', but never can find it.

My town's video store (Hastings) didn't have any of them :(

But I didn't come home empty handed- I rented "Battle of the Bulge" (watched it last night. Great movie! :D) and "Tora Tora Tora". I'll watch this one right after this post!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know if anyone has seen it but there was a movie made in Germany during the late 50s that was pretty good. I think it was called "The Bridge". About a bunch of kids dragooned into the Army to defend a bridge (in their town) from advancing US forces. Decent Movie.

Die Brücke (1959)

I don't know if anyone has seen it but there was a movie made in Germany during the late 50s that was pretty good. I think it was called "The Bridge". About a bunch of kids dragooned into the Army to defend a bridge (in their town) from advancing US forces. Decent Movie.

Die Brücke (1959)

Read that book in German class. Good book!

:occasion5: Thanks for the link, Adler! I think I have that on my wishlist already, I was hoping to find it locally, like at Blockbusters or something. I may just go ahead and put it on my next Amazon order, whenever that happens.

There was a production called Heimat
I vaguely remember seeing it when I was based in Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back