Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One guy entered the only 3 models in the 1/72 single prop moderate detail category. Seems he likes the captured LW bird theme. All models are Hobbyboss, gold going to the USAAF Dora and silver to the VVS one. Pretty nice I'd say, especially for 1/72

Hobbyboss US Dora Gold.jpg

Hobbyboss Soviet Dora Silver.jpg

Hobbyboss 190 F8 Bronze.jpg

Saw a pic of that captured 190. Somehow W/C "Eddie" Edwards got hold of that at the end of the war and mde it his persanl runabout, hence the JFE code.

Moving along to the 1/48 Scale Moderate Detail Multi-engined Jet category, first place went to this ProModeler F4E.
Promodeller F4E Gold.jpg

Second, built by the same guy, is this Monogram F18C

Monogram F18C Silver.jpg

Third went to this Monogram F18E.

Monogram F18E Bronze.jpg

And the runners up, Monogram EA6B Prowler and Airfix Jaguar. I kinda like the Prowler better than the Hornets. Unfortunately the the star and bar is on the wrong side (?) but otherwise nice.

Monogram EA6B Prowler.jpg

Airfix Jaguar.jpg

Do like the camo on the Phantom though with this and the following F-18 the panel lines do not seem to come up to well, could be the lighting. As for the Prowler, I'm with H......I want one and I do love that Jaguar, I kind of have a soft spot for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back