Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2013)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1/48 Scale multi-engined prop, Out of the Box:

13060601.jpg

Gold went to the Tamiya Beaufighter

13060603.jpg

Silver, a rather nice Do335, Tamiya I think. Paint is Pollyscale 81/82.

13060605.jpg

Same guy got third with his Hasegawa Hs129 with a rather nifty camo scheme.

13060604.jpg

Another Do335 in captured markings and the Lancaster did not place. No close-ups of the Lanc unfortunately.

13060602.jpg

In that first pic, I thought that Vic and Bill had somehow managed to finish their current GB entries, and spirit them across the globe to Canada! Good stuff Andy.

1/72 Twin engined props, OOB.

13060902.jpg

1st place is this really nice Digby from Special Hobby:

13060904.jpg

13060905.jpg

Second to this Hasegawa He111

13060906.jpg

Third, a Hasegawa G3M2

13060907.jpg

And runners up are a Ki-45 Nick (manufacturer unknown) and an SB-2 from ICM
13060901.jpg

13060903.jpg

Andy, didn't realise you had started the thread, there are some great looking builds and I particularly like the Beau.

I can also confirm the Sweden was looking at possibly purchasing the TSR-2 but like Terry said, the government of the day murdered it. Like you I also like the fragmented camo which I would imagine is not easily accomplished.

In that last batch, the Digby an aircraft I'm not familiar with, certainly stands out.

In that last batch, the Digby an aircraft I'm not familiar with, certainly stands out.

It's the Douglas B-18 built for the Canadians. When they purchased them the US had laws against flying the planes to Canada and the Canadians could not come over here and pick them up (IIRC Canada was at war but the US was not). What was done the planes were "coasted" across the boarder from either Montana or North Dakota on the ground into Canadian territory- true story!

Didn't know that David, thanks. Should look into that some more.

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus on this thread guys as I'll be in Ontario or a week for the Hamilton Airshow and visiting family. Not taking the laptop with me so will resume when I get back next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back