What aircraft did you spot today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My first Osprey very quiet caught me off guard and still learning new camera I've seen flying and a C17 did about 10 circuits over house.

Attachments

• IMG_0232 (1169x1200).jpg
    IMG_0232 (1169x1200).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0196 (1200x1011).jpg
    IMG_0196 (1200x1011).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 289
That's a shame Jim...

We had Bruce Willis' camera helo buzzing round here the last 4 months or so while they were filming Die Hard 5. I live in the flightpath to the airfield it was based at (Budaőrs).
Was unable to photograph it, but it's basically a straight Bell 206 with a large golfball (ball camera) mounted under the nose.

Great shot mate!

Jim, just noticed your last post mate - yeah, they filmed Die Hard 5 here in Budapest last year. We had the camera heló buzzing over the flat for months like I said, plus one of my 2 favourite helos, the Mi-24, did it's sweeps up the Danube, just up the road from the flat - fantastic to see!!

Unable to photograph with our camera, but the Antonov An-2s have been busy spraying anti-Mossie stuff over Budapest the last 3 days, plus the Polikarpov Po 2 and Lisunov Li 2 have been flying circuits in the weekend, our flat in the flight path! :)

Heard a familiar rumble yesterday. "My God, that sounds like a single row Pratt!" Sure enough, it hove into view at a distance and displayed the unmistakeable silhouette of a DeHaviland tail. Chased it to to the airport, and sure enough, one of the local pilots had just bought himself a Beaver. Ex Alaska CAP plane he "stole" at auction for an absurdly low price. Only trouble is it doesn't fit in his hangar with his 985 Stearman! And did I grab my cameraphone as I dashed out the door? DELTA SIERRA!!
Cheers,
Wes

The approach leg on landing to the North is overhead so between 6:30 and 7:00 PM we see six or seven commercial aircraft. This evening five DC-9 and one Air Bus.

This morning we had our annual Toys for Tots pancake breakfast at teh airport. Itw as even mroe of asuccess than it is usually; the place was all but packed. The weather was very good and we even had some fly-ins, including a very nice looking Porterfield CP-65.

Sorry but no photos. I was on the way home from work and was able to watch an AN124 come in on final approach to IAH Houston. They come in from time to time since the 90s for oil related freight. The humidity is so high here in the summer , they have to take off early in the morning. I have seen as many as three park together. I use to see IL76 back in the early 90s but none lately. I will try and dig up the pictures.

Not today but a few months back, I heard a distinct radial engine so I peeked out just in time to see this bird on final at Benton Field (O85).
Since I live just up the street, I went over to take a look and it turns out the owner of Hillside Aviation just bought it.

By the way, if the hills in the background look odd, it's because they were all burned over during the Carr Fire last summer.

IMGP22202[720x477].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back