What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My Medicare experience is less than great. In March 2016 I had both knees replaced. I had to pay the Medicare portion because they refused. I figured, I'm retired , I have time to fight this. At first they claimed they had paid. I proved they were saying the pre-op visit was the whole thing, $97. Then they claimed the hospital didn't file within the one year deadline. The hospital records show they filed May of 2016 electronically and received confirmation from Medicare. After appeals, which were ignored, I paid so the hospital would not send the bill to a collection agency. Basically, if Medicare doesn't want to pay they won't. If the country ever goes to single payer govt coverage, we are finished.

My personal opinion is the personnel at Medicare are "make work" welfare. I had one tell me when I questioned why a portion of the blood test was refused, "We don't allow tests to rule out anything."
Thing is, they're only "reading " back what they are instructed to. They stopped listening to what they say long ago.

I recently cancelled service with a company with which I had an automatic billing agreement. They mailed me a "final bill", which I dutifully paid. Then they debited my account, and cashed the check. They were very apologetic, and will refund me the overcharge. I should see a check in the next three weeks. I'm so mad, if I hadn't already done so, I would cancel my service!

Get forms from the Better Business Bureau and from the State Public Utilities commissioner. If they want to keep their business licenses, they need to have no unresolved complaints. At least, here.

Users who are viewing this thread