What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mad as hell. I hate being lied too. It's a shame when the students are more courteous than so called teachers are.
I understand! Besides my Girlfriend, who is 25, most of my friends / customers, are under 21.

My main source of income is making and selling accessories, and I'm 28.

The newer generation, are really complicated! Sometimes they say things, I don't know what to do or how to answer / react! Or I should search in Google what are they talking about / what do they mean!

Definitions of words have changed and no one seems to care.

Correct, but that's not just that ... The situation is changing! One should get on the waves of change, or drown beneath it!
Situation has been changing since the start of time. The Chinese culture is based on the thought that change is the only constant. The ancient I Ching or book of changes is thousands of years old. The five elements and their cycle is used to explain how things change and to except it. Langue on the other hand changes slowly over time. It should not be changed only because people are not taught or refuses to learn the standard. Gone are the days of the strict teachers that demanded strict compliance with the standardized usage. It issue was in overdrive with the first text messages. Words were written without vowels. This made it into the business world when young workers did not understand why they had to spell out words and not type like they texted. More than once while at work I had a coworker go crazy because they used the wrong meaning for a word and caused a problem. I guess it is the cost of living a long life.

E-bay sellers!!! There is a special place in Hell for many of them!!!
Yes and no. I've been on Fleabay for about 22 yrs. and have bought literally thousands of things. Yup, I've run across a few asshats but 98% of them (at least in my experience) are honest and straight-ahead. To go off on a different yet similar tangent, it's the PRICES on eBay that have become ridiculous. What slays me is how some have the gall (or stupidity?) to ask $80-90 USD for a freaking 1/48 Hasegawa P-47D. Hell, I don't know.... I guess there's *someone* out there equally stupid enough to pay that?
Anyways, sorry to hear about your problems and hope they get resolved!

It really all depends on what you are buying. Buy a lot of computer parts to repair other computers on ebay and it makes you scratch your head as to what they say is functional. Many just tear computers apart and sell saying it's good and deal with it after the fact when it clearly is not.

Yes, VERY true indeed and excellent point(s). Unfortunately, there's always going to be scam artists in this world. Maybe I've been lucky but I also haven't been down that black hole of computer parts, nor will I go there! lol
I'd think eBay or Paypal would back you as a buyer if something isn't working or as advertised? Yeah, that whole return/refund process is a major pain in the ass so again......I hear what you're sayin'!

Eyes are getting so bad that I can't read the monitor if I'm more than 10 inches away from the screen. New lenses will be of no help.
I started taking eye vitamins about 20 years ago, Claroxen at first and then supplementing with other brands, . My prescription has needed to be reduced almost every year since the mid-2000's. Now, there is almost no difference between my regular glasses and my computer glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread