What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, Grandma had another fall, so we will be hosting her again while she recuperates. Just a broken wrist this time, but she can't use her walker while it heals. So she will need 24 hour support. Her health and mental acuity are both in decline, so we will be caring for her until we can no longer manage.
It's difficult to watch because she was such a vibrant and active woman in her earlier years. Cancer survivor. But nobody is immortal.
I wish your grandma a quick recovery.

Thumpalumpacus Thumpalumpacus , Same with you, man.

I am really despising LED lightbulbs. They cost a fortune and don't last anywhere near their advertised lifespan. Maybe they mean the bulb will last that long in the box. Mine don't last any longer than the old incandescent bulbs.
At least they don't spew toxic mercury vapor through your house like CFLs when they go bad.

I am really despising LED lightbulbs. They cost a fortune and don't last anywhere near their advertised lifespan. Maybe they mean the bulb will last that long in the box. Mine don't last any longer than the old incandescent bulbs.
At least they don't spew toxic mercury vapor through your house like CFLs when they go bad.
LED bulbs should last a considerable length of time.

One major killer of LEDs, is line voltage. They're designed to operate within 110vac to 120vac and if the line current is above 120vac, it shortens their lifespan and it doesn't take much.

The other issue I've seen recently, is low quality manufacturers competing against high-end manufacturers.

I stick with GE, Phillips and Feit - anything else has been a disappointment.

It makes 60 litres *20 cents = 1200 cents or 12 dollars extra pay ... You also have added taxes and something else ... I think it should be around 18 extra dollars for a full tank. Am I right?
No. This is America. We still use gallons. A full tank is 15 gallons, so about $3.00 extra.
Don't give them any ideas, though.

No. This is America. We still use gallons. A full tank is 15 gallons, so about $3.00 extra.
Don't give them any ideas, though.
Fuel with you guys is so cheap. We also got a raise of 10ct (euro) , but that's per liter. Still a far cry from the ~2.50 euro we paid last summer, but we already pay 1.90euro/liter at the cheaper pumps.

It makes 60 litres *20 cents = 1200 cents or 12 dollars extra pay ... You also have added taxes and something else ... I think it should be around 18 extra dollars for a full tank. Am I right?
If you're lucky,$18.00 might get you 1/2 tank in a 1984 Toyota here in California. That's using the "cheap" stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back