What Annoyed You Today? (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is the prussian still spoken somewhere or is in use only by the older people?
As a whole, "Prussian" is considered a "dead language" and very few speak it in it's true form today.

What's interesting, is that there were several influences within the language, and it seems that what she spoke was called "High Prussian" (hochpreußisch) which was the most modern of the language and the end of the line for the language itself.

I am far from a linguistics expert, but I did a bit of research ages ago, in a quest to figure out just what exactly it was that she spoke! :lol:

Miserable, lousy, crappy weather in this Godforsaken State I live in (Minnesota). For every decent day in a month there are 30 crappy ones to balance things out. At least there aren't Hurricanes.
I'd laugh but I'm almost in as crappy of a state as you (the not so people's republik of WI).

Just spent 3 hours shovelling out my driveway. My 2 grown children helped. Snowblower broke a belt within minutes, so it was all manual. Whoever thinks that we should ban snowblowers to save the planet can come shovel me out every time it snows.
Drove through MN yesterday on the way back from TX. Got back here before the crap hit. We got a WET mix of rain/snow.....about 2+ inches but yeah, it was HEAVY stuff and my moose of a snowblower kinda struggled with it.

After the hardware job, I began work at Eastman Kodak's New Orleans district office and after the training schools every few years in Rochester NY, all in mid winter except one, I decided to stay in New Orleans. It wasn't like the snows of my youth in Kansas and Missouri. I passed up promotions to not shovel snow.

When I speak with my Scottish cousins, part of the conversation is in French because I have some trouble with their accent.
My father who served during Iran - Iraq War, was ussually used as a translator during POW questionings, cause he was fluent in Arabic, Turkish and Kurdish, as he had almost spent 20 years in those areas... He was part of an SF unit which operated in the area, from late 1950's till Saddam's fall.

This, Again!
IMG_2829.jpeg

Well, Grandma had another fall, so we will be hosting her again while she recuperates. Just a broken wrist this time, but she can't use her walker while it heals. So she will need 24 hour support. Her health and mental acuity are both in decline, so we will be caring for her until we can no longer manage.
It's difficult to watch because she was such a vibrant and active woman in her earlier years. Cancer survivor. But nobody is immortal.

Well, Grandma had another fall, so we will be hosting her again while she recuperates. Just a broken wrist this time, but she can't use her walker while it heals. So she will need 24 hour support. Her health and mental acuity are both in decline, so we will be caring for her until we can no longer manage.
It's difficult to watch because she was such a vibrant and active woman in her earlier years. Cancer survivor. But nobody is immortal.
Mortality sucks. Been there, done that. Do what you can but know you can't do everything.

Stay strong. How ever much she is loved it does take a good chunck of energy. I know.

I'm dealing with some of this stuff with my mom. Heart out to you, brotha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back