What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Indeed, they can limit the data stream per port or per ip address. The reason why you need port 443 is because it's the standard port used for encrypted internet. Almost all websites nowadays use ssl, recognisable by their address starting with https wich also means they use port 443. So nobody would suspect encrypted data over that port.

This morning was supposed to be IT! I was going to fly my airplane for the first time in 2 years. I planned to get aloft before the pattern filled up with foreign student pilots and at least do a few landings so I could tell the A&P either that all was OKay or that we needed to fix something else. The WX was terrible all last week and, while Thursday morning looked good, I hurt my left leg on a run Wednesday night and doubted I could even climb up on the wing to get in the cockpit.

So I this morning got out of the house at about 0630. The AWOS has been busted for a few weeks but it was obvious that the winds were light and out of the West, favoring runway 29. I preflighted, pulled her out of the hangar, and cranked up. The instrument readings all looked good and I taxied out. The new mufferless exhaust system sounded strong.

I did not get far. My headset fell apart. The earpieces are each attached to the frame by a crummy little hollow rivet and one fell out. I went back to the hangar, shut down, and grabbed my backup headset. It did not work at all, probably just some light corrosion on the plugs, so I gave up for today. I did find that I needed to replace one of the new switches that had been installed, since wiggling the harness to it produced some odd voltmeter readings. I removed the stupid rivets from the headset and isnlaled 6-32 screws with locknuts in their place. It turned out I had done the same thing with the same model headset years ago.

Well, WX looks pretty good for the rest of the week, so maybe I'll get to fly. Now back to fixing the car.

Holy shat.......so simple, yet so freakin' brilliant! Glad I thought of it....haha!!!
It's an idea born from working in shops.

Remember the service stations back in the day?
They had a combo air and lube reel in the center of the shop's ceiling and the shop I was most recently in charge of for many years, had four electrical extention reels located over the center of each bay.

So in my own shop (it's actually a massive detached garage, 40 feet long, 30 feet deep and 14 feet to the rafters - originally built for a log truck), I ran a dedicated 12/2 power line to a single gang box and anchored the reel next to it.

Works great for drills, vacuums, trickle-chargers or anything where you don't want to be tripping over a cord from a wall outlet.

I do not mind the physical one but will not do the chemical one again.
Talk about stress test. I have just been to see my audiologist for a right ear assessment, I have a cochlear in the left. The test was stressing and depressing but then we got talking about options. Either have a new hearing aid, my old one has given up the ghost or do I go for a cochlear assessment which if followed would mean surgery and about $15 grand in costs. The hearing aid option is cheaper at about $4 grand for just the appliance but then in both cases I will need to fork out for a new mobile phone that is capable, with an app of connecting the two, cochlear to cochlear or cochlear to hearing. To get a mobile phone smart enough to give me full comparability I'm looking a close to another $2 grand. No wonder I feel stressed out.
I wont go into the smart watch that my cardiologist is pushing for me to get that would also involve a new mobile phone to get best access and usage, that's another story.

Vic: do some searching on new phones by their "T" rating. Shouldn't be hard to find one that won't bend the bank account. The software appears to support both Andriod and iPhone these days.

Spending 4 hours at a Dr. office doing a stress test
Now That would be the test in itself!
I'm sorry,
What did you say?

Since I don't qualify for an Aussie pension, I don't get discounted anything!!!!!! Even the buds are over 10 grand!!!

Users who are viewing this thread