What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A1C out of control. Injected my first dose of Ozempic in my left thigh last night and leg is a little sore this morning. Thank goodness it's only a once a week injection.

A1C is a measurement of your average blood sugar levels over a 3 month period. This is an indication of Diabetes control. Normal measurement should be less that 5.7. Diabetics want the reading to be at least under 8.0 and under 7.0 even better.
Ah ok thanks

Buck: Lots of ways to drive your A1C down without medication, but the only thing that matters is that you get it down and control it better. Mine will float between 5.4 and 6.1, depending on what and when I eat and what my stress and schedules are. My GP grumbles about me having a better A1C than him when it tests out at 5.6 or lower.....

Buck: Lots of ways to drive your A1C down without medication, but the only thing that matters is that you get it down and control it better. Mine will float between 5.4 and 6.1, depending on what and when I eat and what my stress and schedules are. My GP grumbles about me having a better A1C than him when it tests out at 5.6 or lower.....
Yep, mine is sitting at 8.1. Been trying to get some weight off with just a diet, but my slow metabolism and not being able to exercise as I want due to back and leg strength issues over last few years have made it difficult.

Buck: One easy way to start the A1C down is with a decent salad a couple of times a week.... Lettuce, tomatoes, celery, carrots, radishes, maybe some shallots, a shot of Mexican 4 blend cheese, a bit of lower calorie dressing and few shots of something like McCormick's Salad supreme. Add in some baked, grilled, bbqed or roasted chicken, or some grilled fajita meat or boiled shrimp to top. You will find that a 3-5 cup container with a snap lid works great. My wife will make me a salad in one, and I just have to add bacon bits, seasonings and dressing and it's ready to eat in 30 seconds.

As long as you are slightly careful on how much cheese, meat and dressing you add, it's only a couple hundred calories, but quite filling. We typically get the smaller bags of mixed salad and divide it between two containers and then add the the other stuff. A ziplock bag with the seasoning, bacon bits and a fork, along with a couple of small containers of various dressings and that's a couple of work lunches for me.

Mines at 7.2 but my real struggle is triglycerides and getting below 285. The stress of dealing with 3 elderly women in my life, a little too much alcohol and carbs is having me on a slew of meds. Check your carb and alcohol intake and you'll be amazed on how things can change

Mines at 7.2 but my real struggle is triglycerides and getting below 285. The stress of dealing with 3 elderly women in my life, a little too much alcohol and carbs is having me on a slew of meds. Check your carb and alcohol intake and you'll be amazed on how things can change
Agreed. One year I gave up sodas and between meal snacks for Lent and dropped 25 lbs in two months and lowered my A1C into the 50s.
Too bad I'm a Coke fiend. It didn't last.

Yes

Changing to straight spirits with no contaminants works wonders. If you drink too fast have a side of water.

Three women will lead to the drinking. 😎. I am in the club since 2005. Ran out of metformin and waited to long to see the doctor. A month without med and was surprised to get only 7 4 on my A1C. Any exercise is good. Try Tai chi for your exercise. I have been teaching it for decades. The key to weight loss is no more than 50 grams a day of carbs. The body will adjust and stop craving the carbs. You may even get off the meds.

I despise parking space vultures! You know who you are. Stalking a person pushing a cart of groceries to their car and then blocking the aisle so nobody can get through!

I hate shopping cart abandoners even more. Lazy bums that leave their carts anywhere in the parking lot rather than take it to a corral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back