What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trying to accept the fact that I walked away from the right girl for me 55 years ago. She was loving, kind, gentle, and she loved me for me. There was and never will be another like her. The emptiness has caught up to me.
My friend I know what you mean, I've had some regrets but not that one. However, and I'm not sure this will help but, a wise person told me not long ago that no one is the same person that we were 40 years ago. We were discussing just this topic, there was someone in the past I was rather regretting not pursuing but realized I was chasing a dream. Just a thought but neither you nor she are the same as you were 55 years ago, there's no extrapolating (accurately) where you'd be if you'd made a different decision.

Even my wife of over 40 years and I have changed to the point that the real reason we're still together is we're used to and comfortable with each other. Heck, if we met now we might not even go on a date. Not sure if that's any consolation but it's the best I got, hang in there bud.

I don't want to sound cliche but, I think I can speak for everyone in saying that we're all glad you're here to share your knowledge and experience with us, don't ever forget that. I (and all of us here I think) can understand emptiness/loneliness especially as we cruise towards our later years, I hope you can find or have some activity to fill in the void, even if it's just a little bit.

And remember, we're all here for you bud.

Thank you friends. I've started to realize that it might have been the best decision to stop seeing her since as I look back, she deserved better in-laws than I could have given to her.

Dogs... i had to give Carlos a pill. So i threw it with his food. Guess what was left. Then i put it in a piece of meat. Nope. Meat gone pill still there. Then i opened pill sprinkled on food found Carlos raiding Dax his food bowl not touching his. That from a dog that is quite happy to roll around in decaying fish.
He just didnt like the smell.
So old school opening mouth to chuck pill in. Nope. Pill on floor.
Now i open mounth push pil in back of throat massage said pill down. Open mouth chuck in a piece of bread....
Dogs...

Dogs... i had to give Carlos a pill. So i threw it with his food. Guess what was left. Then i put it in a piece of meat. Nope. Meat gone pill still there. Then i opened pill sprinkled on food found Carlos raiding Dax his food bowl not touching his. That from a dog that is quite happy to roll around in decaying fish.
He just didnt like the smell.
So old school opening mouth to chuck pill in. Nope. Pill on floor.
Now i open mounth push pil in back of throat massage said pill down. Open mouth chuck in a piece of bread....
Dogs...
My wife been there with Titán also.

Not me, I just open the dog mouth push the pill down and close the mouth and the nostrils (it helps he is a french bulldog so can be done with one hand easily). Gulp and done.

Carlos aint a little dog.... its like wresteling a tiny bull with teeth. Mostly the sweetest soul around but darn he is strong. Boyo just dont like the smell off pill. Thats his vice. Its a good boy.
Just do not come in un invited. Had that once did not go well.

Guy thought he could steal a bike from a shed. I live in Holland, my backyard is at best 25 meters till gate. Dont think he will come back soon. Bastard..lucky Dax was in the house.
There would be a lot more damage. He has an f in letting go things that is threatening family.

I like the name Titan. Pictures perhaps?

Last edited:
I like the name Titan. Pictures perhaps?
Sure.

This one is from 4 years ago:
IMG20191128112433.jpg

Last Christmas:
IMG_20231209_115750.jpg

Usual behaviour for the last 11 years (managed to turn 13 last Sunday despite an acute pancreatitis two months ago):
IMG20240608090506.jpg

Guarding the gates:
IMG20210529191932.jpg

Door to door sales people are a nuisance and a half.
Not one has ever sold me anything because no matter what it is they are trying to sell I will never buy from them due to their rudeness. No matter how decently you try to tell them you are not interested they will not shut up and they keep cutting you off in an attempt to make the sale. In the end you just have to speak over them and abruptly tell them the conversation is over and it's time to move on. I do close the door at this point but slamming my own door in their face which may break it if you do it too forcefully to "make a point" never made sense to me.

As you can probably guess, Once again I just had that lovely experience. :rolleyes:

Wheels

A great many years ago I stopped by a friend's house and found a man sitting on my friend's floor surrounded by books, talking. I came in and sat on the couch with my buddy and said, "What's all this?"
"He's trying to sell me encyclopedias."
"Why is he still here talking the deal and you watching TV?"
"He told me it wouldn't cost me a penny. I said he could stay until he asked for money."
After a few more minutes watching TV with the salesman babbling, the salesman stood up and said, "If you will sign here, the books, the annuals, and the bookcase will be on the way."
My friend said, " What's this $11 charge?" It was some kind of "cost".
At that point my friend shouted, "Out! Time to get out!" The salesman gathered all the books, bookshelves and propaganda and left.
Fellow forum members may ask why the salesman was allowed to stay as long as he did. My friend was the man who was plagued by pecan thieves on his land nightly, until, once when I stopped by, he said, "I don't think the pecan pickers will be back."
"Why?"
"The other morning at 3am I ran outside screaming at them."
"Why don't you think they will be back?"
"It wasn't the screaming. It was the naked man with a machete, screaming."

Dogs. we love em' in all shapes and sizes. Currently have daughter and dog (Darcie a Labrador) with us, they have been here months and she (the dog) loves to troll the garden for any leftovers she may have produced, I don't have to take a trot to the bin with a full plastic bag all that often, but on the upside, pill taking, not a problem, just hid it in a piece of meat and it's gone, but then again she is such a greedy eater and I'm convinced nothing ever gets tasted. :lol: :lol:

Just tell the product salesmen that you will pray for their souls while they kneel on your step (you have bad knees and can't kneel) and tell the bible thumpers you just signed up to sell 100 Super Sucker personal vacuums in one week.
I tell the thumpers that my business is collecting and selling souls and that I have a buyer for theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back