What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today I am trying to figure out how I am going to get the almost 19 year old new car I bought over the weekend home to Michigan from New York State in about 2 weeks. Probably rent a U-Haul car trailer one way.
Bought the wife the Dodge Magnum Wagon she wanted, not the colors or drive train she would have picked, but when I went to look at the 2005 Magnum that had never been sold by the original dealership, less than 800 miles on it, almost spotless, I made an offer and we reached a number we were both happy with. After I get it home I will get all the fluids other than the coolant and oil (that were just changed a couple of months ago) changed, order new tires as the ones on it are date coded 2011. And hand over the keys.
I have heard about cars remaining at dealerships unsold, but until now had never actually seen an example of one. And the dealer had at least 3 other different models stored with it. I don't really understand not selling or driving a mid level V6 Magnum, and then putting 2011 Challenger Wheels & Tires on it, Mopar performance exhaust, air intake, sway bars, and coil over springs and shocks. But I am not complaining, and the wife is exited about finally getting her Magnum! So Win Win IMO.
Magnum Lt side.jpg
Magnum rt side.jpg
Magnum Rear.jpg
Magnum 3.5L V6.jpg
Magnum Interior.jpg

Today I am trying to figure out how I am going to get the almost 19 year old new car I bought over the weekend home to Michigan from New York State in about 2 weeks. Probably rent a U-Haul car trailer one way.
Bought the wife the Dodge Magnum Wagon she wanted, not the colors or drive train she would have picked, but when I went to look at the 2005 Magnum that had never been sold by the original dealership, less than 800 miles on it, almost spotless, I made an offer and we reached a number we were both happy with. After I get it home I will get all the fluids other than the coolant and oil (that were just changed a couple of months ago) changed, order new tires as the ones on it are date coded 2011. And hand over the keys.
I have heard about cars remaining at dealerships unsold, but until now had never actually seen an example of one. And the dealer had at least 3 other different models stored with it. I don't really understand not selling or driving a mid level V6 Magnum, and then putting 2011 Challenger Wheels & Tires on it, Mopar performance exhaust, air intake, sway bars, and coil over springs and shocks. But I am not complaining, and the wife is exited about finally getting her Magnum! So Win Win IMO.View attachment 733925View attachment 733926View attachment 733927View attachment 733928View attachment 733929
Years ago, there was a Chrysler dealership in Huntington Beach (Southern California) that had a 1936 Plymouth pickup truck in it's showroom.
It was 100% original (tires and all) with less than 500 miles on it.

Aparently, due to the depression and then war, it never sold, so it was put in storage and then forgotten until the 1970's. The dealership decided it would be their showpiece and was not for sale.

I can't even begin to guess what it would be worth in today's dollars.

Reloading in my man cave barn... .308 with BL(C) 2. Using Nosler as a guide years ago, I discovered that BL(C)2 'appears' to be same powder that Black Hills uses for 308 match 168gr.

I use nosler 168 gr BT and Accubonds. Wish I could find a cheaper .308 bullet in quantity that works near as well.

uhmm.. what that then? European gun nitwit here
Well, I put a very light crimp on fully resized 308 cases - so that they feed equally well in AR-10, M1A-1, and a very light M700 ADL with McMillan stock that I used once upon a time long ago and far away to hunt evil mountain goats and bighorns. I'm not mad at them anymore and that 308 stomps my puny ass in that LW (6 1/2 pounds w/Leupold 3x9) today like (from memory) a 416 used to when was Much younger.

All the above shoot sub 1" five shot groups, one - a consistent sub 0.5in, even with pacemaker.

Drgondon have big boomstick.
Loads his own cartridges. The rest is just technical gobbledygook.
I gave my 416 and 375 to my son, and sold the 460 Weatherby a long time ago. Those were 'big boomstick' cartridges - although if I had to choose one calibre (only) to hunt all game - it would be the 375 H&H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back