What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:) I have not heard it called Cowtown for a very long time, not since I drove through it in 1983.

"The same thing we do every night, try to take over the world!"

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 10
Nice thread, Dave :thumbright:

I have noticed a gun on the table.
Is it common for citizens to own one or two guns at home?
Sorry to ask but I am curious.

View attachment 723464
Lol. If you're down to only two, you have given up the right to be called a gunowner.

I carry, my wife carries, my sons and their wives (occasionaly) carry.

Since the Great Jailbreak on the Southern border of Texas, NM, AZ and CA began in 2020, I have few friends in the country (I don't live in a city) that don't carry - concealed or open in public.

Lol. If you're down to only two, you have given up the right to be called a gunowner.

I carry, my wife carries, my sons and their wives (occasionaly) carry.

Since the Great Jailbreak on the Southern border of Texas, NM, AZ and CA began in 2020, I have few friends in the country (I don't live in a city) that don't carry - concealed or open in public.
One for every occasion. Long range hunting, medium range. Hunting, big game, varmint, target practice, plinking, self protection, home defense, backup side arm duck hunting, zombies and just because.

One for every occasion. Long range hunting, medium range. Hunting, big game, varmint, target practice, plinking, self protection, home defense, backup side arm duck hunting, zombies and just because.
And you have to have backups....

Had a friend at work that was an avid collector of all sorts of firearms. He'd buy something new, shoot it a few times and then go buy a second one to put away. When he passed, it took a 26' Uhaul to clear out his gun collection. The truck was stuffed full in back and there were mounds of pistols in the front seat too. His brother estimated that it was going to take him more than 6 months to simply do a full inventory before he could even start thinking about selling anything off. It took an 16' cargo trailer to move his rocketry stuff, including his Level 3 rocket projects.

Worked on the house this weekend.
The roofers finished the roof a week ago. The siding guys are in the midst of replacing the siding on all the dormers. We have settled on a color scheme. Professional painters want $20K to paint the house, so I decided to do it myself. Started on the front porch. Power washed the siding and trim. Started scraping loose paint. Discovered that a lot of nails have rusted away and there are some boards that are rotting. This is going to be a bigger project than I thought. Everywhere I look, there is more to do.

Worked on the house this weekend.
The roofers finished the roof a week ago. The siding guys are in the midst of replacing the siding on all the dormers. We have settled on a color scheme. Professional painters want $20K to paint the house, so I decided to do it myself. Started on the front porch. Power washed the siding and trim. Started scraping loose paint. Discovered that a lot of nails have rusted away and there are some boards that are rotting. This is going to be a bigger project than I thought. Everywhere I look, there is more to do.
Off course there is. Thats normal. Take out the the ones you do not like and hammer in a slighter bigger nail in. It stood the time, it wont fold tomorrow.

Did the jury duty thing this morning. 233 in the main pool, then subdivided into 3 pools of 60 and one of 36, the rest cut loose. I ended up in the pool of 36. Got cut loose after an hour of voir dire, then a 30 minute hold while they selected a panel from the 36. Squeaked by and not selected. This would have been a short trial, with the judge expecting it to be complete by tomorrow afternoon. One pool was for a murder trial and they expected it to go into next week at a minimum.

Got to find some slacks and a decent shirt, as jury duty on Monday and all I have are work clothes.....although reporting in while smelling like JP-5 might make it a short morning..:woot:
I found all 3 times I answered the questions from the Defense Attorney that I was employed as a A & P Mechanic and a Lead Mechanic for most of the last 25 years I was in that field, the Defense used one of there available blocks to remove me from the jury. I don't know why. Though a friend of mine that works in the local DA's office said the probability of me being able to reason thru a complex situation and arrive at the most likely cause and effect would be to high for the defense's comfort level.
I actually did not try to get out of serving, they just didn't want me. Sounds like most of my 1st dates in the distant past!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back