What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got to go pick up the rear wiper parts and the license plates for the van I bought the wife two weeks ago. Need to do a little cleanup in the garage to gain some work space and will probably go get the steam generator so I can start cleaning some nasty, greasy parts for one of the trucks. Only supposed to be 108F today.

Wear your parka.
Went out about 3 am for something to eat. Restaurant was so cold, I had to put on a sweatshirt. Was nice when I got out of there and drove home with the windows down in the 90F heat.

Steam generator is a big buck jeweler's type, so no big splashing.

Reloading 12ga shotshells today.

24gram, 7 1/2 oz shot, 1325 fps - 500 for Bunker and quail (and wood pigeon - but factory only in Ireland).
1 ounce 7 1/2 oz shot, 1290 fps - 500 for Helice, and for Pheasant/Teal hunting September/October.

I brought home my Wife's new to us Magnum from Johnstown NY to Belleville MI. Rented a car trailer one way. Just a few pic's Trip was almost all rain but no big issues arose. 1st picture of the car in its storage area above the old dealership in Downtown Johnstown. I was told that the dealership originally did not have the outside parking lots it now has to store its cars for sale. So they used the 2nd and 3rd floors for storage. And used the large freight elevator to move the cars between floors. 1st picture is it in the 2nd story storage area with the a Scat pack Challenger, and the sellers Chatham 7 track day car.
In storage with friends 2nd floor of dealershi in Johnstown - Copy.jpg
In the Freight Elevator
In the elevator at dealership in Johnstown.jpg

Loaded on the trailer at the dealership
Loaded up at Dealer in Johnstown.jpg

Fuel Stop in Oh10 around 11:00 pm local time.
Fuel Stop Oh10 8-25-23.jpg

Finally unloaded at home Long Day!
At home 8-26-23.jpg

The good news is the Wife is happy! She test drove it and really likes it even if it does not have most of the modern features she has gotten used to on her last 3 new cars. But I told her to remember this is a like new 19 year old car, and it is a mid level equipment level of the 2005 model year.
Everything seems to work on it! Big plus, and it drives very well. Now I just have to replace the 12 year old tires mounted on it, and change the brake, transmission, and rear axle fluids. Just for my piece of mind. The seller has recently changed the coolant & oil. We rolled over 800 original miles on my the test drive around the neighborhood.

With the stupid split shift hours I'm working, I'm not getting in the time I need to get this shed project done, plus the days are getting shorter, which also does not help one bit.

I've been waiting for full days off before I tackle the roof, so I spent what little time I had yesterday and today putting in the wiring. There is three objects in the wiring plan: interior light, exterior light and an interior duplex receptacle.

I got the last of it done this evening! :)
20230827_203246.jpg

20230827_203328.jpg

Well, spent the day working on the toolshed - finally.

I had to wait for the subroof to dry out after Hilary's deluge and got the 30# felt all laid out...just in time for more rain. This meant I have to wait several days to be sure the subroof and felt's underside are 100% dry before laying the comp. roofing.

So today I installed the trim on the corners and where the shed's walls meet the shop's wall. I also installed the vents on either side. The vents will help keep it cool, plus prevent any fuel vapors from building up, since there'll be equipment in there like a chainsaw, mower and such.

I am making progress...only it's at the speed of a glacier. :grimacing:

20230904_165539.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back