What cheered you up today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temp reached 23 C today and is supposed to reach 28 tomorrow. Invited all our friends over for a grill part tomorrow night.

Also got to see a flight of 2 Eurofighters fly low over my house in formation.

Had a great weekend! Thats what cheered me up.

The weather is so good here. Friday night we invited some of our friends over and had nice grill party in the garden. It was about 23 C and when the sun went down it was still about 12 C. Sat outside until about midnight drinking wine and just talking with friends. Was great!

Then the next weather was just as nice but even warmer about 28 C and that evening we went to the Nurnberg Volksfest (similiar to the Oktoberfest in Munich but just smaller and in Nurnberg near where I live). Sat in the Beer tent, ate some good German fest food and rank a few beers out of the normal German 1 Liter Fest Mugs and listened to some good music until about Midnight.

Then today the weather reached 30 C and not a cloud in the sky so we went to one of the local lakes, had a picnic and just laid relaxed all day. On the way home stopped at a local Biergarten and had a nice Radler to drink.

Was a great weekend, I am real happy it went the way it did. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• fest tent.JPG
    fest tent.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 57
  • fest tent2.JPG
    fest tent2.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 58
  • see.JPG
    see.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 55
My daughter graduated from Navy boot camp, emerging as E-3, Seaman, and
is off to language school in Monterey, CA, for a year. (She can't wait to
doff the Navy issued spectacles, better known as birth control devices...)
Go Navy! Beat Army!

Attachments

• New Seaman.JPG
    New Seaman.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 55
Recieved a very nice job offer to work as an A&P on Blackhawks for the US Army in Japan. I might take it up, I have to talk to my wife some more about it tonight.

Ooh. Japan is expensive. But that would be quite the adventure. Where in Japan? Okinawa?

Thunderstorms in today's forecast. Haven't seen a thunderstorm in quite a while. Rather rare here in the northwest part of the states.

I finally got the confirmation of my new job in Italy. I always hate it when they leave you in the dark for such important issues.

On the other hand, me leaving next week will surely be the best news of the days for some people on this board! :D

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back