What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems like we'll get a king this year. It is announced that our Queen will make a speech on all our media. I suspect she'll resign. She's getting old, 75 this year and deserves rest I think and I rather like her son Willem Alexander.

Edit it's true. Will get a big party the 30th of April.

Last edited:
My daughters cheered me up today in several instances; finally drove the bike (good wether); the van I've bought has it's oil changed, air heaters for the engine, new tyres - readying it for the upcoming working season.

Went to the hospital in Gentofte yesterday to get my ear scanned due to dizzyness, tiinitus and partial loss of hearing on the right ear.
Was sitting outside in the hallway waiting, when an elderly sweet nurse approaches me, looks at me, mohawk and all, then looks at her papers and asks:
"Are you Mohammad Faroukh?"
Me: (totally baffled) Erm, no...my name's Maria A.!"
Nurse: (apologises profusely, beet red in the face).
After I told her that she shouldn't feel so bad about it because it happened fairly frequently that people mistook me for a guy, and that I've now become fairly used to it, I told her that it must be because I'm such a handsome bloke - then we had a good laugh about that. :D

^ Heh, I've been chased out from a public ladies restroom in Wiesbaden by a tiny, but energetic and very angry elderly german lady, because she thought I was a guy. :D
And I've been chased out from various dressing rooms at sports halls and swimming halls as well, because some women thought I was a guy. :D
That was: Until I opened my mouth and explained, then they could hear that I'm very much female. :p :D

And at the hospital I think that the fact that my haircut is a 10 cm tall mohawk didn't help much, apparently not many women has got that hairstyle, so I guess that was the main reason. That, and being wrapped up in work clothes - thick black trousers - "zunfthosen" (google it), short blue down jacket, b/w "palestine scarf", black german military gloves with wrist straps and big black sturdy work shoes with thick rubber soles - that prolly didn't help either. :D

Went to one of the local flea markets today, and managed to get me a Mont Blanc 224 fountain pen for the princely sum of 30 DKK.
That's 3.47 £/5.49 USD/4.02 euro. :D :D :D
Guess the guy who was selling it didn't know a thing about fountain pens, which was my luck.
Seriusly, I was laughing my head off all the way home in the car! :D :D :D

I got the results of the ear scan in the mail today, and contrary to popular belief, everything is perfectly alright inside my head! :D
Oh wait, I'm a regular user here, please forget what I just wrote! ;) *runs* :D

Good show BB.

I have started in a new band a month ago. Tonight was the first time we were complete, as the lead singer has been ill for some weeks. He had still voice problems, but finally wanted to be with the repetition. Sounded great even with a bad voice. I finally heard what this band is capable off, so I'm looking forward to the next repetition

Today's thrift shop find/bargain:

DSC_0922.JPG

DSC_0931.JPG

The plastic bag hasn't even been opened. :shock:
And even better:
Since no-one is interested in building plastic models these days ( - or so the thrift shop people seem to think), everyone assumes that the old kits aren't worth anything.
I got this gorgeous gem for 10 DKK. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
That's £ 1.15. Or 1.81 USD. Or 1.34 euro.
Is it okay if I'm having a hard time getting my hands back down again??? :lol:

Went to one of the local flea markets today, and managed to get me a Mont Blanc 224 fountain pen for the princely sum of 30 DKK.
That's 3.47 £/5.49 USD/4.02 euro. :D :D :D
Guess the guy who was selling it didn't know a thing about fountain pens, which was my luck.
Seriusly, I was laughing my head off all the way home in the car! :D :D :D

Just googled the pen to see what your obsession with fountain pens was BikerBabe and yikes......nice $$$$$core. As a Sinister person, I shun free flowing writing things.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back