What Cheered You Up Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorting out the last of the grocery shopping for New Year's today. It's nice to have it sorted out. :)

And just before christmas I went back to have a look at the place where my parent's house used to be.
The entire garden has been leveled, there's a huge - and I mean HUGE! - new house there, a big garage and a lot of fence.
The new owners - a teacher and a physician - have really built a great house with plenty of room for their families to visit and stay with them.
I think that the physician is from Pakistan or Sri Lanka or something like that, he's got an enormous family - and there's room for everyone in that new house. :D
The house looks great, and I'm truly happy that I went back to have a look.
It feels right and it feels good (- which - frankly - surprised the heck out of me lol) , and I hope that the new owners will have just as many happy years there as we've had. :)
And the most important thing is:
My parents are totally happy about their apartment, they're enjoying the place big time - and I enjoy having them stay closer to me, it makes it loads easier for me to just pop by and say hi or help them. So all in all, all this is great. :)

can all this fancy stuff, toast sandwiches and make a decent cup of coffee Maria? :lol:

No - but I can. :D

To stay on topic:
I had a nice day yesterday, driving around and sorting out a lot of things, shopping and taking a lot of old books to the thrift shop - relief! :thumbleft:
I found Roger Moore's book "Bond on Bond" on sale, heheh, it's an enjoyable read. :)
I also got a really nice brass rocker blotter from the thrift shop.
Heheh, they're on the lookout for fountain pens, rocker blotters, inkwells and things like that for me, it's so nice of them. :)

Last edited:
Was cycling with my wife and two sons and almost collided with two guys on a bike. One of the guys was so angry he shouted "homo" to me which is dutch for "gay". I laughed so hard I almost fell of my off my bike. Two men sitting nice and cosy together on one bike said that I was gay while I was with my wife.

They guys couldn't stand my laughter and quickly fled :lol:

Last week I ordered a t-shirt from the US, it arrived today, yay!

12614_10151330332654210_1037787822_n.jpg

And I could pick up my new reading glasses today that I ordered last week, after the eye surgery they are very necessary and very welcome - now I can read properly again without getting a splitting headache.
And for someone like me who absolutely loves to read, that's highly practical. ;)

406094_10151330858229210_840617822_n.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand here's the pens that I got at the flea market.
I spent most of the day wiping, cleaning off old price tag glue, flushing, soaking and generally cleaning them, which was really nice.
Most of the pens are still in working order, they just needed a little TLC.
The pen nibs in the little plastic box contain various nibs for the Osmiroid calligraphy pen that's in there somewhere.
A true find, as it's considered one of the best ever made calligraphy pens as far as I've managed to find out on The Fountain Pen Network. :thumbs up:
Did I ever mention that I absolutely love fountain pens, and that I'd rather write with a fp than with a ballpoint pen? ;)

25044_10151328647214210_246781611_n.jpg

72285_10151328647279210_10471448_n.jpg

Oh, and guitar class started again tonight. :)

next apt for me in fightng the big "C" is two weeks. had a bone marrow transplant which took me out for 6 weeks but comin back strong, the cancer for all appearances is history....................thank God and to all members thinking of me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back