What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great grab at that price Maria - especially as Hasegawa have the cheek to keep re-releasing this old kit at around £40, or about Dk400 !!

And it has it's origins in the 'Frog' kit, from the late 1960s!
It's a bit inaccurate in parts, mainly the rear of the inside of the cockpit, and the under-wing radiators, but don't worry about that - once built, it looks like a '109E. And at that price, so what?! Also, being a moulding from, by the look of it, the late 1970s, it's possibly better quality than current issues!

Damn, that's awesome then! *cheers* :D
And if I run into accuracy probs, I'll ask on the forum here. ;)
Heheheh, I've only got one major prob, now that I think about it:
Once it's built, where do I *put* it??? o.0 It is a big model after all! :D
Oh well, I'll figure it out. :p :D Luxury problem, luxury problem... ;)

Last edited:
Damn, that's awesome then! *cheers* :D
And if I run into accuracy probs, I'll ask on the forum here. ;)
Heheheh, I've only got one major prob, now that I think about it:
Once it's built, where do I *put* it??? o.0 It is a big model after all! :D
Oh well, I'll figure it out. :p :D Luxury problem, luxury problem... ;)
Which paint scheme are you going to do?

Haven't got a clue, I'll decide that once I take a closer look at the set. ;)

My good thing today?
Managed to get another fountain pen bargain today:
A german 1935 Mont Blanc 234½ fountain pen with the 100-series hourglass clip, which apparently is a rarity.
I've seen a similar pen for sale online for 450 USD, and I got mine for 100 DKK, that's 18 USD. :thumbleft: :thumbright:
I am totally and unashamedly chuffed! :D

I was talking to my youngest son about my father 'opa' (=grandpa) Theo. My father died in 2006. Kiran was born December 2008, so he never knew him.

Kiran: 'Is opa Theo dead?
Me: 'Yes, he died before you were born.'
Kiran: 'So he's dead now, will he become a human again?'
Me: 'I don't know'.

Then the doorbell rang.

Kiran: 'Ah that must be opa Theo then'

Great story Marcel! My two also were born after my parents died. It's my biggest sadness that my Dad never got to see Jack and Lily...he would have loved them and it makes me sad that they never met. BUT, in my mind I can see my Dad getting down in a slight crouch, pumping his fist, happily yelling "Jacko!" to my son. I can see it plain as day and THAT makes me happy.

Last edited:
Great story Marcel! My two also were born after my parents died. It's my biggest sadness that my Dad never got to see Jack and Lily...he would have loved them and it makes me sad that they never met. BUT, in my mind I can see my Dad getting down in a slight crouch, pumping his fist, happily yelling "Jacko!" to my son. I can see it plain as day and THAT makes me happy.
Ditto that.
My father knew my eldest up until Robin was 1.5 years. Was Robin's biggest friend. So sad Robin doesn't remember him at all apart from the photo's.

Went to Teknisk Museum in Helsingør today with buddy Jørn.
Photographed a lot of stuff, among it all was a good gaggle of various planes - yes!
Had dinner at a wonderful italian restaurant - and discovered Crème Brûlée...damn that's good, I can recommend it! :-9
Is now about to copy and sort about a ton of photos from today. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back