What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

30% raise!? I'd gladly work with Ahole fellow employees for that kinda raise. What a ringing endorsement from your boss!!! Good on you Rochie.

Cheers everyone.

went for an interview at the hotel today, seemed to go very well so i hope i get the job , it seems the right sort of challenge i'm needing at the minute, it'll be hard work but thats not really an issue.

speaking to my boss about it tomorrow and hoping her endorsement will swing it for me and then she will at least know what her future head chef is like when she takes over !

That's good news, Karl...good luck, hope it goes well for you!

As for me: I know this may not seem like news to anyone, but it's pretty dang significant for me...at some point last night, I rolled over onto my right side in my sleep and woke up that way. This is the first time since the wreck that I've been able to sleep on my side (which I always used to do, never slept on my back) because of the broken collar bone and all the broken ribs.

Looks like we're getting somewhere on this healing :thumbleft:

After several weeks of trying to figure out where the squeeky noise was coming from in the back end of my Ford Escape I finally figured it out. Hard to tell where those little squeeks and rattles are coming from exactly when sitting in the drivers seat. Even had tow people sit in that back and try to figure it out and they couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from.
Thank goodness it's squeek free now, it was starting to make me loose my marbles.

For eye drops??
Or paint mixing??
Or maybe just to make a single ear ring ???

I remembered yesterday, it's for making custom mixed inks for my fountain pens. :D
Of course I can use the thing to add a few drops of water when I work with my water colours as well, that might be pretty practical. ;)

My good things today?
Getting lots of praise from my boss today - and from my leader as well.
I guess that it shines through that I love my job, photographing and making videos. :D

Annnnd...friend Anja at another forum suggested that this might be something for me to knit. :D

1002243_10151998749979918_1946217625_n.jpg

Last edited:
well just had the call !

got the job, going back to work soon to hand in my notice.

they beat me down to an £8000 per year increase in pay with another £2000 after a review in 6 months time !!!!!!!

they also are going to let me bring my pastry chef with me to fill a gap in my new kitchen

my new place of work

hotel.jpg

hotel1.jpg

hotel2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back