What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Having a small family picnic at a local park today with my parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews. Nice sunny fall day to spend outside and have a burger or two!

Just finished foster dog orientation at the animal shelter. Will unfortunately have to have the "WONDERDOG'S" boy berries removed before I can provide a home to other pets. How ever, I can bring some of the other shelter babies home for two or three day "slumber parties" to give them time away from the kennels.

Here's an interesting story...

For years, my Dad always sent me a check for my birthday. It usually arrived the day before my birthday which was always nice to have. And as most of you may recall, my Dad passed away a few years ago, so naturally, the traditional birthday checks came to an end.

Well, Monday (the day before my birthday), I received a letter from his bank and inside were two cashier's checks and the "submitter" was in his name...

I sat there and stared at the checks for a few minutes trying to figure out what the deal was (you know, like is this a joke?) and then got hold of the bank. They were legitimate.

It turns out that since he had passed away, the bank closed these two accounts and instead of going to his widow, they were sent to me, as Dad had designated me the beneficiary on these accounts.

So it turns out, by a twist of circumstances and timing, Dad once again, gave me his traditional Birthday gift.

Received, and accepted an offer for our apartment.

Still lost a bunch of money on it, but at least we're not going to have to top up the mortgage each month!

Missed the forum last night, but did come home with this from the Association awards night....:D

Attachments

• MVP_Trophy glass_0890.jpg
    MVP_Trophy glass_0890.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back