What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

discovered where my model parcel is at today....been waiting for it for a few days and it's being held for collection at the postal distribution centre where my company has a PO Box.....guess where I will be in the morning when it opens...:D

Yep....great way to end the week! :D :D :D

Attachments

• Bf109G_Royal Class_1186.jpg
    Bf109G_Royal Class_1186.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 107
  • Bv141_1187.jpg
    Bv141_1187.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Ju88_Vol 1_1190.jpg
    Ju88_Vol 1_1190.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Ju88_Vol 2_1192.jpg
    Ju88_Vol 2_1192.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 109
just found out a Hotel where i went for an interview and was offered the job but turned them down last month has now gone bust !

i am not happy about them going bust or anything like that but am pleased my iffy feeling i had about the place was spot on, even though i took some flak from the missus for not jumping ship !

some times the grass is not always greener, as they say !

It's nice when your gut feeling turn out right Karl. The mine that I quit to come to my present one shut down at the end of November. The crew laughed at me for taking a 10$ pay cut with the new job.

Geo

The stuff i purchased to continue my Guitar building thread arrived today. Now I just need to wait for the wood to acclimate to the change in climate and get my workbench set up a little more and I can get to work again.

just found out a Hotel where i went for an interview and was offered the job but turned them down last month has now gone bust !

i am not happy about them going bust or anything like that but am pleased my iffy feeling i had about the place was spot on, even though i took some flak from the missus for not jumping ship !

some times the grass is not always greener, as they say !
Always gotta go with the gut instinct, Karl!!

Everytime I second-guess my instinct, I'm wrong.

Well, according to my ex, I'm wrong all the time...but that's a whole different story! :lol:

Always gotta go with the gut instinct, Karl!!

Everytime I second-guess my instinct, I'm wrong.

Well, according to my ex, I'm wrong all the time...but that's a whole different story! :lol:

yup same here Dave.

was a very nice 5 star hotel, but Kitchen was running on agency staff which is a red flag to me, if they cannot attract permanent staff something is wrong so i turned them down.

it was a decent raise in pay as well but i think i have been vindicated in the end !

Good decision Karl - I remember you told me it didn't seem right.
Cheered me up today when I discovered I'd 'won' a Hobby Boss 1/48th scale MiG 17 (boxed as the Shenyang J-5) for only £4.20. I'd forgotten I'd put in a half-hearted bid, and didn't expect to win !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back