What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saw the movie Oppenheimer.

One word to describe it. BRILLIANT!!!!!!

The gratuitous sex scene and nude scene could have been deleted though.
Hopefully, or not, not case ATM, we can't see any "international" movies, in Iran, as they're shown at other countries...

I can see why all over Persian Cinema related pages, this particular one movie got so many attentions!!! Way more than something new!

Even though I was initially sucked in myself, I have to admit that I think this is a but of a spoof. I mean "writing a book". These Ebla tablets in general were focused mainly on economic records, commercial and political relations and inventories. Other tablets were thought to be scratch pads used by apprentice who were copying other inscriptions in order to learn the skill. When I visited Syria many years ago I was lucky enough to visit Ebla and the site where the tablets were discovered.

It has been a bad week, fighting with the boss. After 7 years she released the money to pay for the fence that I started to replace 5 years ago. It was costing to much money at the time. That was before covid and the pickets were only 99 cents each. Now they are around $2. We got a crew to come in and finished it up in two days. Also had a bathroom remodeled. Bought everything over the past 5 years and a guy came in and put it all together. I wanted to do it but my wife would not give me the money to pay for the flooring. What a pain. All of my pay goes on the house note and her's has to cover everything else.

Been fighting all day. I work Saturday until 11:30 am and there is a 30 minutes drive home. I walked in the doo\r and get dragged to Hobby Lobby, what joy. I went over to the ever shrinking model section and found an Airfix Spitfire Mk Ia in a torn box for $2.50 USD. I broke in the box and the bag was sealed. Both the instruction and decals where there. I came home with a new kit. The clerk said they where discontinuing the kit and it was on clearance. The stock is getting rotated. About time, hope it is aircraft. There are 3 hobby lobbies within 30 minutes of the house and one next to where I work. I am looking for more discontinued kits. Now I just need to get dark green paint and look for markings. A happy end to a bad week. Wonder if I can find the Hurricane to go with it.

The Beautiful Wife and I have a similar arrangement. Trouble is, she quit her job to take care of her Mom this spring and after her sister made that untenable, she couldn't get her job back. Now we are in limbo while she's picking up the odd shift as a funeral home assistant.
Lucky things are starting to pick up at work and I got 50 hours this week.
But it's not enough to replace what she gave up.

I know that OT not always fun. I been through a loss of the primary income. Right after I started a new job, my wife returned to teaching after the summer break. She was injured at work and missed about 5 months of work. For 6 months we were looking at not making the house note. I could not event get a retail or fast food job part time. Hope it works out for you.

OT is my friend. Without it I only have about $150 a week for gas, groceries, medical (my wife has some chronic health issues that require constant attention), and any other incidental.

OT is my friend. Without it I only have about $150 a week for gas, groceries, medical (my wife has some chronic health issues that require constant attention), and any other incidental.
When I was with the insurance company it was 10 to 14 hours OT a week for about 15 years. Then the company moved and had to change work. When I went to the billing insurance side no OT. The companies would just raise the production quote. I miss the OT. I now the challenge. Wife makes 2x what I make. I use to make more than her. she received a big pay raise when we relocated back to Houston. Not looking for her retirement in 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread