What Did You Get?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got a set of 3 tin-foil hats, customized with GPS and a cup holder to put my mayonaisse!!! Kewll!!!

Got some Philly Eagles shirts, hat and a couple DVDs including "Inglorious Basterds". My actual gift will come in June....at Reading....with warbirds.....

I got a set of 3 tin-foil hats, customized with GPS and a cup holder to put my mayonaisse!!! Kewll!!!

Got some Philly Eagles shirts, hat and a couple DVDs including "Inglorious Basterds". My actual gift will come in June....at Reading....with warbirds.....

My dad is from a different era, but he tries to send good gifts that he thinks I might use. Especially since he knows my family went without power and water for 2 and a half weeks during Ike, and I spend alot of time in disaster areas due to my line of work.

Like Brad Pitt much?

That Voyager radio really looks cool; I need to check that out.
Since my birthday is the day before, the wife let me roll all my presents into one for Christmas and I got this great set of Time/Life Aviation Memoir books from 1991 called "Wings Of War". Well, almost the whole set (24/27), but they're in great shape, beautiful hardbacks where the text/pictures are facsimile reproductions of the original published memoirs. Some of the books are: "Samurai" by Sakai/Caidin, "Fighter Over Finland" by Luukanen, "I Flew For The Fuhrer" by Knoke, "Phantom Over Vietnam" by Trotti, "Flight To Arras" by Siant-Exupery....
I am really excited about these books. :)
Having 4 different meals with friends and my family over the last 3 days on top of these books has spoiled me.
Derek

My dad is from a different era, but he tries to send good gifts that he thinks I might use. Especially since he knows my family went without power and water for 2 and a half weeks during Ike, and I spend alot of time in disaster areas due to my line of work.

Like Brad Pitt much?

Actually can't stand him but love Tarantino. The movie was ok but it was classic Quentin with the basement bar scene! Everything else, he got lazy with.

On with everyone's gift lists!

Actually can't stand him but love Tarantino. The movie was ok but it was classic Quentin with the basement bar scene! Everything else, he got lazy with.

On with everyone's gift lists!
Well I hope he doesn't read your smarmy comment about the gift he gave me, because then I'd have to hate you.

Nice gifts, guys! :thumbleft:
I really like the blueprint, and the magnifying glass/lamp. ;)

Here's my list of christmas loot:
A pair of brand new jeans - I desperately needed that, as I'm terrible at shopping clothes. I HATE that! :bad-words:
A nice pair of new black plain low-heeled shoes. I hate shopping that too, so the shoes were more than welcome.
Rechargeable batteries for one of my cameras - the Konica Minolta. Badly needed too, as I've worn out three good sets so far. :lol:
A set of fresh dish towels - needed too, as the ones I have has reached the stage where there's a risk of poking your fingers through, every time you use them. :lol:
I also got three dvd's:
"The history of Denmark 1946-1949", "The history of Denmark 1943-1945", and a movie, "Die Fälscher - IMDB link".
And finally I got a box of chocolates, and I won the Almond Gift: Two out of three boxes of chocolate. *hiccup* :)

Almond gift: It's a family game/christmas tradition we've got here in DK, dunno if that tradition exists in other countries as well:
We get rice desert after the christmas dinner, and a whole blanched almond is put in the desert, which is then stirred and served.
The person who finds the almond gets a small gift. We had three almonds and three *burp*...sry...gifts. Phew. :lol:

Last edited:
I got Il-2 Sturmovik : Birds of Prey for my Xbox 360, a new digital camera, a new electric razor... Lots of money and gift cards..

And best of all, a sweet 1:48 diecast replica of a F-22 Raptor

I got some $$$, which is always nice, from my dad.

The wife hooked me up. 4 Perry Ellis shirts, 2 Perry Ellis slacks, 1 Daniel Cremioux shirt, 2 warbird wall calendars, 1 warbird desk calendar, a remote control helicopter, and quite a few other things. I think she likes me!!!!

Almond gift: It's a family game/christmas tradition we've got here in DK, dunno if that tradition exists in other countries as well:
We get rice desert after the christmas dinner, and a whole blanched almond is put in the desert, which is then stirred and served.
The person who finds the almond gets a small gift. We had three almonds and three *burp*...sry...gifts. Phew. :lol:

Yup, we called it Christmas Pudding (not sure if that's what it really was called). My dad's familly came from Norway and they brought the tradition over with them.

Pair of Checker slip on volleys to replace my worn out pair. Always wearing those with my hot rod tees.

CD Cabinet for my exponentially growing CD collection. DVD, cologne, few chocolates and some cash.

Quite satisfied,

Cheers.

Couple of nice Battle of Britain themed books, some Spitfire cufflinks :D and a great deal of pleasure from seeing the kids enjoying thir presents, that's all the gift I need.

Oh, and probably an extra inch on the wasitline... :(

Me and the wife do not exchange gifts at Christmas-time. My kids are out of state with their own families. We're
lucky if we get a card. However, I'm told there is a package on it's way from Poland...

This year we didn't even put up a tree.

Charles

Got some $$$ from my parents, to get the book, The Milwaukee Road's Western Extension. The book The Electric Way Across the Mountains, is one that I plan to get myself for birthday in January. Can you tell that I love the Milwaukee Road? :oops: :lol:

Attachments

• The Milwaukee Road's Western Extension.jpg
    The Milwaukee Road's Western Extension.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 162
  • The Electric Way Across The Mountains.gif
    The Electric Way Across The Mountains.gif
    238.2 KB · Views: 153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back