What do, or what did you do in the 'mob'?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ said:
plan_D said:
So, you're all electrical or a technician of some kind? Except you, Adler...

When I was in the USNR, yes.

No actually I am a techinician also. I am what we call a Crewchief. In my MOS we go to school to be an aircraft mechanic and then we spend time in Maintenance Companies until we learn the aircraft up and down. Once you are proficient in your aircraft or you just have luck you move onto a Flight Company and become a Crewchief. You recieve your own aircraft which you are responsible for maintaining and you also crew it (sitting behind the pilot navigating, working radios, clearing the tail of the aircraft at low alltitudes which the pilots can not see, ensuring safety of the passengers and providing security by being the door gunner). When I am not flying with my aircraft I fixing it and inspecting it. When I find something really big like my engine needs to be replaced I work order it out to the maintenance company. Really good job actually.

That's a strange system but I imagine it can be quite rewarding. It still remains, is it your Blackhawk or is it the pilots? :lol:

I thought U.S crew chiefs manned the aircraft and inspected it, and minor faults were fixed. I didn't know you were doing the work on it too. Well, well, well...learn something new...every now and then.

And we ALL know that I'm not in the armed forces and never will be. And we ALL know what my dad did. :lol:

Well it is my name that is written on the side of the Hawk!

No actually you are right about the US crew chiefs in what you say about manning and inspecting it and fixing minor faults. I just find it easier and quicker if I fix a lot of the things myself. A lot of the mechanics in the maintenance company dont really do a great job. I dont mind if they work with me but I dont like them doing it themselves.

I was USAF Combat Control Team, got out, went back into the Army, was in the 6th Light Inf, then transferred to National Guard in a Inf divison...I have had CCT AFSC (AIR FORCE SPECIALITY CODE), Army MOS's 11B (Inf), 12B (Combat Engineer), 54B (NBC NCO)

I was CCT from 10 Jan 77 to 10 Jan 81....was 6th Light Inf Div (now disbanded from Feb/83 to Jan/89 (knees gave out)....was in NG Inf (38th ID) for years

Ah, okay. I was in the AF from 84-88. My last year or so was working with CCTs and STSs. I was a comm guy, so I was usually "farmed out" when needed. It was early with the have-quicks and there were very few of us that were trained on them, so off we went when we were needed.

Yep. Both of them were hard-core. The PJs I saw in action a couple of times and those guys are real pros. I didn't see much of the weather guys, except the Hurricane Hunters at Keesler. Why anyone would want to fly a C-130 into a hurricane is beyond me.

oh no, I am talking about the Combat Weather guys...these guys are on the ground at the drop area or zone BEFORE the pathfinders or CCT!!!!

I worked with the US Special Boats with SEALS and Marine Force Recon at Bragg, not to mention Army SF and Ranger...in CCT I was assigned to the 317th MAC, 1st AeroPort Sqdrn

Blackwatch said:
I was USAF Combat Control Team, got out, went back into the Army, was in the 6th Light Inf, then transferred to National Guard in a Inf divison...I have had CCT AFSC (AIR FORCE SPECIALITY CODE), Army MOS's 11B (Inf), 12B (Combat Engineer), 54B (NBC NCO)

Awesome Blackwatch! You did guite a handful!

Everyone knows that ill be with the Armed Forces in a couple of years. Get a diploma in History when i finish college then join the National Guard and spend some time serving in the infantry part of the NG.

Thats my plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back