What do, or what did you do in the 'mob'?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was an Articifer in the Fleet Air Arm trained on Engines and Airframes for fixed wing aircraft. With impeccable timing I qualified as they prepared to dispose of the last traditional carriers and before they purchased the Sea Harrier.

So while I went on the Ark Royal during training, I didn't get the chance to serve on her when I finished. Served time on the Helicopter Cruiser Tiger and the Hermes plus various ground bases. Spent time on Cyprus in 1974 when the Greeks and Turks were fighting over it to assist with the evacuation of civilians.

Left soon after as they wanted to transfer us to the Engine Room or Subs and that wasn't for me.

Sole claim to fame. For a short time I helped maintain the Seahawk now flying from Duxford. At the time she didn't fly and was used for the training of deck crew at Culdrose.

To answer your question Blackwatch, ill be turning 14, October 8th.

So that makes me 13 right now but my birthday is the weekend after this upcoming one.

Yes Alder i have been listening! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back