What do you sound like?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is just a little something I cooked up for fun. Sorry about the size of it, but give it a listen. It may or may not be educational. ;)
I should mention that it's intended in fun, and is not meant to insult any of my countrymen. I was just friggin' around. :lol:

It's spliced to a degree, because I was up and down quite a bit while I was recording it.

**[Audio file removed due to lack of interest and just because I felt like it.]**

Heyo, I can speak either the UK or US accents, as well as Slavic English accent. Also German accent, Prague Czech accent and also the Moravian one, along with its dialect. But still have no mic to prove it... :(

I got it ! I took my father's microphone and used it on my computer. Now, I have three files (zipped in one archive).

The first one, "Maestro Improvising" is me improvising something (like if you couldn't guess ;) ).

The second one, "Maestro's Voice" is me after several tries.

The last one, "Maestro's Show - WNBC" is me doing a little like Howard Stren in his movie "Private Parts".

Attachments

• maestro_191.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 52
Hey, Maestro Improvising is the best, I think. All are good, actually!

I did find an old SONY mike which is compatibile with my PC but I need that tiny battery to insert in, so It will take some time till ya hear me.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeerz

Remember NS, ur an old man compared to ol Maestro there... The older the thicker.........

Maestro, it actually sounds like ur trying to talk that way... Very funny... Reminds me of the Movie Slapshot... Whats funny is u can type english better than u speak it..

Thats kinda weird, but i guess u type it more than speak it in real life anyways.... Still good to hear ya... Im kinda surprised more people dont have mics... Either that or they wont admit it hehe...

lesofprimus said:
Maestro, it actually sounds like ur trying to talk that way... Very funny... Reminds me of the Movie Slapshot... Whats funny is u can type english better than u speak it..

Thats kinda weird, but i guess u type it more than speak it in real life anyways.... Still good to hear ya... Im kinda surprised more people dont have mics... Either that or they wont admit it hehe...

Well, I think you got it. I write more English than I speak it. And when I speak it I watch my tongue. I want peoples to understand what I mean. It's easier when you pronounce the words well.

That's why I'm trying to lose that accent. I know I pronounce well, but there is always a doubt. If you add that to my accent, I sound like a moron... When I improvise, I mean. It's better when I have planned my speech. (At least I think. :-k)

The movie Slapshot, eh ? I didn't saw it but I saw some cutscenes at the TV. It looks funny.

Great guys :lol: NS, you inspired me to do a "British Accents" one but I only have sound Recorder which only fits 1 min of sound on.

Maestro, pretty cool...You speak english better than I speak french!

I use a beaten up mic that used to belong to the BBC. I'm thinking of doing a 'British Accents' one as well.

Thanks CC. :lol:
Mine was a bit rushed, and isn't actually to be taken too seriously. In fact, I tried to cram every Nova Scotian variation I could think of into about 15 seconds, so it sounds a bit f*cked up. What you hear is more of a combo of North Shore, South Shore, and Eastern Shore. :lol:

But I stand by my Newfie and Québecer accents. They weren't too bad, if I do say so myself. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back