What Do Your Usernames Mean? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Posted this way back on page 8 in 2007 so I thought I'd repost

Anyway. Thor is my favorite character from mythology. Lifter from back when I was lifting weights!!! Lots of weights. Got sick of being a scrawny guy and got into steroids. I went from benching 80lbs 1 time max to working out with 265 and maxing around 380. Also put on about 45 pounds of solid muscle in about 1.5 years going from 180 to 225. But I stopped working out about 6 years ago. My knees are just too worn out and it hurts too bad.

2banaviator: Have wanted 'to be an aviator' all my life but something always got in the way.
So until I find the ideal 6 week immersion flight school, it will remain my fondest aspiration!
In the meantime, I collect military aviation artifacts, which now number ~400 items, until my wife kicks me out.

Why wait for a short course?

Just jump right on in and start flying. You won't regret it.

2banaviator: Have wanted 'to be an aviator' all my life but something always got in the way.
So until I find the ideal 6 week immersion flight school, it will remain my fondest aspiration!
In the meantime, I collect military aviation artifacts, which now number ~400 items, until my wife kicks me out.
You have a few fields nearby (CCR, HWD, LVK), why not just jump in and enroll in ground school?

As you can see, my avatar is a pic of a WWII era P-38 fighter aircraft. Which is my favorite, along with the Navy Corsair, the British Mosquito, and the P-51 Mustang.

My username is simply what the German fighter pilots called the P-38. It means "twin-tailed devil."

I am a born and raised American but am of mostly German heritage. My great grandfather was a WWI German ace. Some of you probably have heard his name.

Oh, and I'm a newbie here, so howdy to you all from the Great State of Texas. I'm a Psychologist currently living in the Austin area. I've been a military history buff for several years, especially the area of aviation and sea warfare. I am also a veteran, as j served on Navy nuclear submarines for six years.

As you can see, my avatar is a pic of a WWII era P-38 fighter aircraft. Which is my favorite, along with the Navy Corsair, the British Mosquito, and the P-51 Mustang.

My username is simply what the German fighter pilots called the P-38. It means "twin-tailed devil."

I am a born and raised American but am of mostly German heritage. My great grandfather was a WWI German ace. Some of you probably have heard his name.

Oh, and I'm a newbie here, so howdy to you all from the Great State of Texas. I'm a Psychologist currently living in the Austin area. I've been a military history buff for several years, especially the area of aviation and sea warfare. I am also a veteran, as j served on Navy nuclear submarines for six years.

Except the German's never called it the Forked Tailed Devil. That was all created by allied propaganda...

Wilkommen aber zu unsere kleine Internet Familie.

Hi, and thank you for having me.

Sorry, I just didn't want to begin my stint here by name dropping.

Ulrich Neckel was my maternal grandfather. I believe he had 27 confirmed kills.

Four more than Goering did! LOL.

My father flew jets in Korea.

Uh, not for Germany, though. He was USAF.

Cheers.

Except you're wrong. I invite you to research the matter yourself.

Are you really a mod?

Wow.

Scary.

Excuse me?

How about you...

1. Do your damn research! We have discussed this topic in great length here. I'll give you a few days to figure it out. Then you can apologize.

2. What gives you the right to come in here and insult people?

Hmm....dont know if I will.

Your first response to me calls me a liar. Worse, you're wrong. I have read countless quotes from German WWII aviators who referred to the P-38 as my username.

Maybe you could offer s source for your counter claim?

I'll wait.

Cheers.

My first resonse did not call you a liar. My first response was correcting you.

There are 0 factual accounts of the Germans ever calling it the Forked Tailed Devil.

The name first appeared in the Stars and Stripes to build up US troop moral. It then started appearing in posters and magazines.

Since you claim to have read countless accounts, you share them. You made the claim, now prove it.

My first resonse did not call you a liar. My first response was correcting you.

There are 0 factual accounts of the Germans ever calling it the Forked Tailed Devil.

The name first appeared in the Stars and Stripes to build up US troop moral. It then started appearing in posters and magazines.

Since you claim to have read countless accounts, you share them. You made the claim, now prove it.

I'm not going to waste my time showing links and quotes you can find yourself. I will offer you to read the great book A Higher Call which has many direct quotes from WWII German Me109 pilot Franz Stigler. He refers to the gabelschwanz teufel several times. Was he also doing propaganda work for the Allies? LOL.

I also have read original letters from other German fliers who used the term. My maternal side of my family to be specific, which had three men who fought for Germany. This is hearsay I know as far as you're concerned, but so be it. Take it it leave it, bro. I didn't come here to get in s pissing context tight from the gitgo with a Marilyn Manson wannabe.

Now....Go touch up your mascara. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back