What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2-1-Ugly?????? Is still flying????
1994 is when I was flying in her. Loved the full flaps landings, drops in like a butterfly.
I was actually pretty surprised myself.
I know that N numbers can be reused but considering this aircraft is a 150D that was built in 1964 and it was based in Livermore at one time I would think it is the same aircraft.

Wheels

I was actually pretty surprised myself.
I know that N numbers can be reused but considering this aircraft is a 150D that was built in 1964 and it was based in Livermore at one time I would think it is the same aircraft.

Wheels

How cool. I liked them mechanical flaps. It belonged to Ralph Hui, as a rental. Took very good care of her. He had another 150 with electric flaps, hated it. Flaps stuck in the down position doing a T/G, quick decision to pull power on T/O. Live and learn.
Thanks again. I'm reliving many flights.

I've spent most of the day enjoying this thread and a couple of others instead of cutting grass. Too late now it is raining. Mine comes from me doing or saying something nutty. Friends would say"that's special Ed". My excuse is, what my father told me. He said when I was three on my tricycle I would watch the P-40s landing at Boling field leaning back until I fell on my head. Been stuck on airplanes ever since.

I use my name all over the web because it's usually available and I collect US military surplus weapons.

My given name is John but one of my smart aleck friends back in school started calling me Juan Valdez. I use Valdez as a nom de plume on various web sites

Mine started out as wildimages, I paint wildlife art and have several state hunting and fishing stamps to my credit here in the states, then when I wanted to put together a web page to sell my art someone else had taken that name to sell photography so I had to change. I also have dabbled in aircraft profiles( B5N Kate, Douglas B-18 and now working on the Martin B-10). I also have quite a collection of aircraft images. On the web I've been known as wildr or wildr1. I had to add the one because some sites needed you to add a character so I added the "1". My last name is Bridgford without the "E". So wildr without the "e". My Great, Great, Great Grandfather was David B Bridgford First Virginia Battalion, a Major on Stonewall Jackson's staff Provost Marshall 2nd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia, as a youngster it gave me an interest in history. my father was a P-51 Pilot in the S. Pacific, myself a vet with the 366th TAC Fgtr Wing Viet Nam, Mt.Home AFB then with the Air Guard for Four years, hence the 132nd Ia Guard patch.

13 fed mini.jpg
B-18 Mini 1.jpg
kate mini 1.jpg

Last edited:
So my username "Mainly28s" refers to my other hobby- wargaming. Over the years, the size of miniatures was always expressed in mm in wargames, for some odd reason (some old figures were 1" high). When I started, most figures were either 25mm or several other smaller sizes, but due to scale creep, they got larger, with the old 25mm growing to 28mm and stabilising there for a while. They then grew a little beyond that, to 32mm, but as I wasn't totally fussy about the size of the figures, just the equipment, I was happy to mix. I took the name "Mainly28s" to show this sort of casual attitude. I even set up a review website, and even made some vehicle masters for wargames companies. Oh, and that 28mm coverts to roughly 1:56, so I now build 1/48 aircraft, as they are the closest in terms size for providing air support on table. I use this as my handle on most hobby-related sites I'm on.

Well my first name is Michael and my last name is Rauls so it seemed like a good fit. Guess it's a little thin on creativity though.:)

Mine started out as wildimages, I paint wildlife art and have several state hunting and fishing stamps to my credit here in the states, then when I wanted to put together a web page to sell my art someone else had taken that name to sell photography so I had to change. I also have dabbled in aircraft profiles( B5N Kate, Douglas B-18 and now working on the Martin B-10). I also have quite a collection of aircraft images. On the web I've been known as wildr or wildr1. I had to add the one because some sites needed you to add a character so I added the "1". My last name is Bridgford without the "E". So wildr without the "e". My Great, Great, Great Grandfather was David B Bridgford First Virginia Battalion, a Major on Stonewall Jackson's staff Provost Marshall 2nd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia, as a youngster it gave me an interest in history. my father was a P-51 Pilot in the S. Pacific, myself a vet with the 366th TAC Fgtr Wing Viet Nam, Mt.Home AFB then with the Air Guard for Four years, hence the 132nd Ia Guard patch.

View attachment 534006 View attachment 534009View attachment 534010
That's some really beautiful artwork.:thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back