What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watched the movie "Upgrade" last night.
Interesting movie with a bunch of unexpected twists but I am not sure I would recommend it.
Definitely interesting though.

Rewatched the movie "Battleship" a few nights ago. It is definitely a fun movie.
I don't see how it has much to do with the Hasbro board game though.
DDG 175 Myoko was in the movie.
When I was in Japan, the latest of the DDG 173 Kongo class was the DDG 174 Kirishima but that was a LONG time ago..
The tenuous link to the board game is when our plucky heroes use some kind of grid in the battle of U.S.S. Missouri and the hell spawned nasty alien spaceship.

As a side note:
I find it interesting that Japan happens to be using ship class/christened names that "happen" to be from former class/ships of WWII service.
Yeah, who'd do that?
Bon Homme Richard, Wasp, Essex, Enterprise.
Prince of Wales, Anson, Audacious, Enterprise.
Cavour, Andrea Doria, Caio Duilio.
Hobart, Canberra, Perth.
I don't know, perhaps a bouquet of Flowers?

Last edited:
Watched the movie "Upgrade" last night.
Interesting movie with a bunch of unexpected twists but I am not sure I would recommend it.
Definitely interesting though.
I really enjoyed Upgrade.

Another, older one I recommend is "The Man from Earth"

The tenuous link to the board game is when our plucky heroes use some kind of grid in the battle of U.S.S. Missouri and the hell spawned nasty alien spaceship.

They were map firing from the John Paul Jones, not the Missouri. Kind of reminded me of "Over the Horizon Targeting" data.
It made me wonder just why a museum ship like USS Missouri would still carry bags of propellant for the main guns, or even live projectiles.
These projectiles actually weigh somewhere between 2200 and 2700 pounds so a half dozen guys are not gonna be able to schlepp one on their shoulders.

As a side note:
I find it interesting that Japan happens to be using ship class/christened names that "happen" to be from former class/ships of WWII service.

Many of these names were names of a geographical feature of Japan, such as a mountain range or province and that isn't going to change.
Some other ships I encountered when I was over there shared names with WW2 era ships but they were named after different kinds of storms or atmospheric events. They have a tendency to name a whole class of ship after variations on storms. For a non Japanese speaker, it gets a bit confusing. I know I was aboard one of the -kaze's but can't remember which one.

Many of these names were names of a geographical feature of Japan, such as a mountain range or province and that isn't going to change.
Some other ships I encountered when I was over there shared names with WW2 era ships but they were named after different kinds of storms or atmospheric events. They have a tendency to name a whole class of ship after variations on storms. For a non Japanese speaker, it gets a bit confusing. I know I was aboard one of the -kaze's but can't remember which one.
I get it, reusing names like some navies.

Many of the Japanese warships were named after prefectures, provinces and notobale locations much like U.S. warships were.

It just struck me as interesting that I haven't heard much in the way of new names. Not saying that there aren't, I just haven't heard any.

Kingdom of the planet of the apes.

Well it has apes in it and its on a planet.

Other than that it was crap
Saw that too. A tad over acted to my liking.

gorilla-poo.gif

Finished For All Mankind Season 4 last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back